Reviews

Careful!
    In real life there isn't.

But there is one here!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

Forceuser (10-09-17)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkydub5 View Post
    There is no evidence that any of our books was authored by the Creator of the universe. The Bible, it seems certain, was the work of sand-strewn men and women who thought the earth was flat and for whom a wheelbarrow would have been a breathtaking example of emerging technology.

To rely on such a document as the basis for our worldview-however heroic the efforts of redactors- is to repudiate two thousand years of civilizing insights that the human mind has only just begun to inscribe upon itself through secular politics and scientific culture. We will see that the greatest problem confronting civilization is not merely religious extremism: rather, it is the larger set of cultural and intellectual accommodations we have made to faith itself.

Imagine a world in which generations of human beings come to believe that certain films were made by God or that specific software was coded by him. Imagine a future in which millions of our descendants murder each other over rival interpretations of Star Wars or Windows 98. Could anything be more ridiculous? And yet, this would be no more ridiculous than the world we are living in.
    TL;DR
    Religion is bollox.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkydub5 View Post
    There is no evidence that any of our books was authored by the Creator of the universe. The Bible, it seems certain, was the work of sand-strewn men and women who thought the earth was flat and for whom a wheelbarrow would have been a breathtaking example of emerging technology.

To rely on such a document as the basis for our worldview-however heroic the efforts of redactors- is to repudiate two thousand years of civilizing insights that the human mind has only just begun to inscribe upon itself through secular politics and scientific culture. We will see that the greatest problem confronting civilization is not merely religious extremism: rather, it is the larger set of cultural and intellectual accommodations we have made to faith itself.

Imagine a world in which generations of human beings come to believe that certain films were made by God or that specific software was coded by him. Imagine a future in which millions of our descendants murder each other over rival interpretations of Star Wars or Windows 98. Could anything be more ridiculous? And yet, this would be no more ridiculous than the world we are living in.
    Albert Einstein believed in the God.
    Sensual massage with Thai oil massage elements ★★★★★
    Upcoming tour updated:

Belfast - Dublin - Cork

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jessicabp For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by jessicabp View Post
    Albert Einstein believed in the God.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religi...lbert_Einstein

I believe he was often misquoted and also he often gave ambivalent answers to questions about religion to keep the zealots off his back. Because he was a German Jew he also was fearful of anti-Semitism, which was also prevalent in the United States.
    General opinion now is that he was an atheist. He certainly, and said as much, did not believe in life after death.

Reviews

Is it possible there could be aleniens far out in space messing with life on earth and that would give rise to the idea of heaven and it could have got lost in translation down through the centuries
    Last edited by nibb; 10-09-17 at 15:16.

Reviews

Repent or die.

The end is nigh.

Only the righteous will be chosen.

The idolaters and infidels will be cast down into the fiery, inferno of Hades, for their iniquities, when the four horsemen return and Armageddon lays waste the Earth.

Only those on the true path to salvation will attain eternal life and redemption in the coming life.

Be prepared, for you know not the hour or the day.

Reviews

I hope there is a God, well one bigger than me, I would hate to think when I die, thats it, nothing more

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JustinBeaver View Post
    I hope there is a God, well one bigger than me, I would hate to think when I die, thats it, nothing more
    Ah yes! Wishful thinking. Who needs facts and science eh?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JustinBeaver View Post
    You will serve a higher purpose - wormfood.
    Of course you could be selfish and add to global warming by going down the cremation line.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast