Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Destinations ... Please Gimme :) xxx !!

Thumbs up Destinations ... Please Gimme :) xxx !!

: leaving town end of month ( no , I'm Not Touting , most of my bookings already in place ... !)

But HELP ME please !!

I'm looking to do one of my Mulit-Month Off-Grid Adventure trekking thingies ,

my Go-To-place Nepal -->

eh ! Wrong Season ! They're awash in torrential rain and Floods , the poor souls ... !

: Where in the World to !??

: looking for 'primitive' (meaning No Packaged-Tours Tourists grrr lol !!!) ,

: safe for Single White Female -- blonde . Traveling Solo x

: I like Challenge ! Push myself to the limit , trek , climb , walk , hang off a cliff ,

.. unknown Culture , meet and eat w Locals ,

: Not afraid of Wildlife , sneaky crawly claws and teeth yah , whateva lol x

(Then I check into a Five Star !) xx

Please help me ?

Time running out , most of my exotic vaccinations up to date , but need a Destination !!

: so far haven't done So.Am because I like to get off the beaten path and 'get lost' within local >>>>

>>> highly unadvisable in So.America lest you have a Local with you . Alas , I don't x

: would anyone like to volunteer (obviously So.Am Local -- one of the Girls going on Hols ??) to be a Local Guide x

Open to any and All Sensible suggestions xxx

To Anywhere in the World x

Please help ??

Ideas ? Xxx
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

cheryl20 (22-08-17)

Have you thought about Templemore? There's a bunch of young lads down there who wouldn't know one end of a bean-garda from the other, or what to put where and how. Uniform can be provided.
    Last edited by GardaPatrol; 21-08-17 at 11:34.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GardaPatrol For This Useful Post:

IrishSarahBarra (23-08-17)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Oksana21 View Post
    Id go trekking in Greece that time of the year.
    Also hiking around Slovenia/Croatia... make sure u have ur fleece with you if you plan to do some camping too
    Uhm, really traditional stuff and plenty of virgin wilderness... do a research for Romania. Cheap also plenty of villagers in the mountains happy to feed you and take you in for the night. Tho make sure you do your research on the paths first... as bears and wolfs around.

Im gonna treat my self for my bday this year, and take my arse to Iceland for the Northern Lights

Enjoy ur hols xxx
    O I would Love to hike / trek Transylvania !!

But is it safe for a Single Female off in the mountains !?? : I'm not afraid of bears or wolves .

: be much much more concerned of the Two Legged kind of Beasts -- rouge / in groups xxx

What do you think ??

Also popped into my head Meteora in Greece -- good rock climbing , but atm 'too civilised' for what I'm looking for :

I want to drop off , drop out : no net , no iPad / iPhone -- just You and Nature ...bears wolves and all ! X

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

IrishSarahBarra (23-08-17), Liberty Love (21-08-17)

On my bucket list still are

Japan,Mongolia,Russia and Antarctic!

Safe Travels
    Kisses Katie

8. The Following User Says Thank You to curvyirishgirl katie For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (21-08-17)

Love

Quote Originally Posted by hotbody View Post
    https://caminoways.com/10-great-reas...no-de-santiago
    Just seen it in newspaper one day, and then met a person who did it.
    He said what he thought was going to be a spiritual journey, turned into more of a activity holiday, ie tough challenge
    Re person making above comment : Pu*sy !! (not You , Hotbody -- your buddy ) xx

: Camino -- walk in the park ! (Unless you're unfit or lazy or the 'Entitled' kind imo -- or old / injured ,

in which case Total Kudos !!!)

Nevertheless , great that he did it ! (Be better without the moaning lol ) .

Thank you !!

Will certainly keep it in mind -- had done a several-100km-section of it a couple a years back : C. Primitivo .

Was most certainly a grrrrrrreat adventure , highly recommend to all !! Beautiful !! : my Dusty !!

: ok , alright , still in the running --

-- though I find trekking where you can just pop in for a Cappucino just a bit too 'civilised' x

: also draws all sorts o fools , right along with the decent folk -- tends to get crowded .

But yep , did pop in my head , and knowing myself going w path of least resistance might just end up

revisiting Oviedo , Ribadesella and ah , all them nearly fully abandoned wonderful little villages along the way xx

Yeah . Ok . Camino still in the pot even if I don't much care for 'trekking' on asphalt xx

Thank you for reminding me of it x

I'll send a postcard x

But also : is that sufficient for a two month ADVENTURE ??! X

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Head for Mount Blanc France. Good trekking, challenging and safe etc.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to moondoggy For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (21-08-17)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by curvyirishgirl katie View Post
    On my bucket list still are

Japan,Mongolia,Russia and Antarctic!

Safe Travels
    Mongolia !!!

: was set to do Trans-Siberia Railway thing start to finish some yrs ago , had the Chinese , had the Russian Visas ,

starting in the very Far East , was to end in Europe some Months (or more ?) later .

: intended to hop off the train at Lake Baikal and do few days of HomeStay , my heart still

hurts for having missed it ... : my male companion -- due to unforeseen job related poop --

had had to bail on me last second , and once again : I was Very Strongly Advised to Not

take that train ride as a Single Female .

So there . For goodness sake !

Had intended to do Baikal , and stop off in Mongolian countryside for HomeStays . Argh . Boo . Grr !!

* as an aside : do you know ? That the traditional Mongolian greeting -- as you walk / ride up near-a-by a Yurt

is to call out "Your Dog Bite" ? Or alternately "Is Your Dog Tied" -- seeing as them Beasts are raised and trained

to Kill All Intruders ... : used to be wild country out there ; now 50 /70 yrs Han moving in and eating up

traditional ways and life .

Would like to have seen it before it's all gone , see it before it goes on and becomes completely homogenised

and 'globalised' ... xxx

Last edited by Stephanie; 21-08-17 at 13:14.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

curvyirishgirl katie (21-08-17)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oksana21 View Post
    Id go trekking in Greece that time of the year.
    Also hiking around Slovenia/Croatia... make sure u have ur fleece with you if you plan to do some camping too
    Uhm, really traditional stuff and plenty of virgin wilderness... do a research for Romania. Cheap also plenty of villagers in the mountains happy to feed you and take you in for the night. Tho make sure you do your research on the paths first... as bears and wolfs around.

Im gonna treat my self for my bday this year, and take my arse to Iceland for the Northern Lights

Enjoy ur hols xxx

actually my friend whom u also know is in western romania

i must say her trip looks amazing currently learning to make mud houses, beauitful lakes mountains

so wish i went with her

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to annabel taylor For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (21-08-17)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    O I would Love to hike / trek Transylvania !!

But is it safe for a Single Female off in the mountains !?? : I'm not afraid of bears or wolves .

: be much much more concerned of the Two Legged kind of Beasts -- rouge / in groups xxx

What do you think ??

Also popped into my head Meteora in Greece -- good rock climbing , but atm 'too civilised' for what I'm looking for :

I want to drop off , drop out : no net , no iPad / iPhone -- just You and Nature ...bears wolves and all ! X

speaking form my own trips to romania and form what my friend is experiencing, id imagine pretty safe

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to annabel taylor For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (21-08-17)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by annabel taylor View Post
    speaking form my own trips to romania and form what my friend is experiencing, id imagine pretty safe
    In the Mountains on your own , trekking hours without seeing anyone , sleeping out ??

Please may it be so !!!!! X

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Liberty Love (21-08-17)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast