Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just saw Muslim guy on TV that lost wife in London fire

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
    I don't know but does this not show up the position of women in Islam!!!

He was referring to escaping the burning building and described how his wife was behind him on 15th 14 th floor etc and lost her on 11th- for fuck sake why was she behind him??

Sorry I could not help myself but to post this!!
    Your post says more about your beliefs and bias than anything else. You have no idea of circumstances. I was involved in full on fire and evacuation, the chaos is staggering. But you choose to select this as a topic of importance to reinforce whatever your bias is , really!! instead of perhaps the many other know facts and tragedies of this horrific event, you chose to demonise a man who has just lost his wife and then project that into Islamophobia, !!! Any thoughts on reports of Muslims rushing in too help, or how the whole community there has worked together, or any thoughts on the arrogance of the rich white local councillors, or reports that the cladding was to Aesthetically improve the look of the block too appease other richer residents ? And by the way the fire was spreading up the building if that in any way helps your thinking.
    Last edited by beautyaddict; 18-06-17 at 06:21.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by beautyaddict View Post
    Your post says more about your beliefs and bias than anything else. You have no idea of circumstances. I was involved in full on fire and evacuation, the chaos is staggering. But you choose to select this as a topic of importance to reinforce whatever your bias is , really!! instead of perhaps the many other know facts and tragedies of this horrific event, you chose to demonise a man who has just lost his wife and then project that into Islamophobia, !!! Any thoughts on reports of Muslims rushing in too help, or how the whole community there has worked together, or any thoughts on the arrogance of the rich white local councillors, or reports that the cladding was to Aesthetically improve the look of the block too appease other richer residents ? And by the way the fire was spreading up the building if that in any way helps your thinking.
    So rich whitety is to blame then? Pot calling the kettle black with respect to bias!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Dunn View Post
    So rich whitety is to blame then? Pot calling the kettle black with respect to bias!
    Have you been following events there , the head of local council who happens to be white, no sign of him, hence near riots at council offices? that is a fact not a bias. That council is the richest in UK and there are reports of cladding being done to improve the look of the area, is it accurate, perhaps but I state as a report not a fact , also many of the rich there are not white. This is actually the deprived and poor versus those with huge wealth, not colour not religion even. It seems Theresa May agrees with me , the local council have been all but removed from handling this disaster, now why might that be. The point of my post is simple, there were many substantive issues other than what the OP posted which was pure speculation based on what seems to be a bias. I suggest you read a post more thoroughly before you compose unless of course you have it in for them dam liberals , yep a bias. Who is to blame we do not know, what we do know is that the local council led by a white man failed completely , thats not bias its fact deal with it.

Reviews

Have you been following events there , the head of local council who happens to be white, no sign of him, hence near riots at council offices? that is a fact not a bias. That council is the richest in UK and there are reports of cladding being done to improve the look of the area, is it accurate, perhaps but I state as a report not a fact , also many of the rich there are not white. This is actually the deprived and poor versus those with huge wealth, not colour not religion even. It seems Theresa May agrees with me , the local council have been all but removed from handling this disaster, now why might that be. The point of my post is simple, there were many substantive issues other than what the OP posted which was pure speculation based on what seems to be a bias. I suggest you read a post more thoroughly before you compose unless of course you have it in for them dam liberals , yep a bias. Who is to blame we do not know, what we do know is that the local council led by a white man failed completely , thats not bias its fact deal with it.
    Chill out cat! You clearly resent wealth particularly if it is in the hands of the evil white man. The council clearly cannot deal (even though run by rich white men) with this issue as it is a national disaster and the many millions will need to come out of central budgets.
    It is very easy for people starting from a biased perspective to rush to judgement and apportion blame or complete failure automatically. Now the woman you mention has stated there will be a full public inquiry into this awful incident and I am prepared to await the outcome of this judicial forum before I start hurling political stones.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dom Dunn For This Useful Post:

randaddy2017 (20-06-17)

Reviews

Chill out cat! You clearly resent wealth particularly if it is in the hands of the evil white man. The council clearly cannot deal (even though run by rich white men) with this issue as it is a national disaster and the many millions will need to come out of central budgets.
    It is very easy for people starting from a biased perspective to rush to judgement and apportion blame or complete failure automatically. Now the woman you mention has stated there will be a full public inquiry into this awful incident and I am prepared to await the outcome of this judicial forum before I start hurling political stones.
    Not worthy of a response, interesting you see no issue with a man whose wife died being demonised then on zero evidence and assumptions based on religion . You and donald Trump need to have drinks , I will not be joining you .

Reviews

Not worthy of a response, interesting you see no issue with a man whose wife died being demonised then on zero evidence and assumptions based on religion . You and donald Trump need to have drinks , I will not be joining you .
    Typical can't defend your assertion and say my comment is "not worthy of a response". Secondly how dare you attribute things to me when I have no commented upon them I said nothing about that man or his wife nor did I imply anything. The substance of
    my comment was it is unfair to blame White Kensington for the fire. As for drinks I am glad you won't be joining the Donald and I!!

Reviews

Typical can't defend your assertion and say my comment is "not worthy of a response". Secondly how dare you attribute things to me when I have no commented upon them I said nothing about that man or his wife nor did I imply anything. The substance of
    my comment was it is unfair to blame White Kensington for the fire. As for drinks I am glad you won't be joining the Donald and I!!
    First you actually need to read my posts, I do not say it is the fault of Rich White Men, you have got that from where? I sensed you were not getting it so I posted again stating that many of the rich are not white in that area , still no joy. The failure of the local council was not just resources they stonewalled everyone refused to meet anyone. I had to goggle the guy three days in FFS, they were invisible. That is either arrogance and or incompetence. I could run a timeline of it by its a waste of my time. Your need to label me as a hater of rich white men is pathetic but it seems to give you something. I have no need to allow you to divert me to this kind of tactic, it reminds me of school stuff when someone losing they start insults like queer or some other insult to divert. I know who I am, what you decide to concoct and throw my way is I assure you of no interest to me and I will not be proving anything to you.

Theresa May has just formally apologized for the dreadful response at LOCAL and national level , did she consult you as you clearly disagree , you felt Public inquiry was sufficient, a fact I stated elsewhere was definitely not good enough within an hour of her announcing it, proved right eh !! hope this does not make you feel too bad, I made other "predictions" which are v close to what has occurred, pls dont be gagging now, unfortunately for you I can prove these posts i am tempted to use a certain adjective here but!!no David Lamy a local MP described it as a tale of two cities but you know better of course. i saw a perhaps 70 year old Irishman crying as he was trying to figure out where to sleep yesterday thats a disgrace in a first world capital. Even May can see that.

. As to the How dare you thing, well no communication is a communication. I state its interesting that you do not comment , no more and you are off in self righteous rage , but here is the thing , you read the thread, you made a decision on what to prioritize, it was not the unfortunate man, no it was some persecution complex to defend people who have their homes, belongings and families, based on something that was not said!!! , your lack of comment on it in any form of concern or sympathy is worth considering. Instead you misinterpret what i said. At no point ever do i say that its the fault of rich white people but you saw that where exactly?. Donald Trump has not condemned the attack on the Mosque in Finsbury, there is no communication but he is saying rather a lot, he may well do but the delay is well understood. I have dealt with you before and you made such a strong statement that was so completely inaccurate that I felt I had no desire to role play King Canute with you.
    Now a little help for you in how I composed and added the white Councillor, which has so exercised you . TheOP comment was made about a man of colour and religion. So to highlight the possible issue I use the argument against them using colour.
    I see good in rich white people I know one who i have tremendous respect for, I also know a v wealthy white man who i refuse to work with due to his behaviour. I judge the person by who they are not their colour, their religion(ISIS I would make an exception for)certainly not on their wealth. If Donald trump invited us for drinks we would both i suspect need dry cleaning , me because I would be utterly viscerally repulsed by him to the point of being sick, you , lets be kind and say you wanted to look smart. The papers are reporting that the cladding may have been put up to appease rich residents, not rich white residents you got that now I hope, it is a report yet to be proved but it is a fair topic of discussion to those who can avoid confirmation bias. You feel like a man under siege ,in some ways that siege is primarily it looks to me a construct of your own making , perhaps give it some thought and maybe a little less force and a little more thought might help , but I am not hopeful .

Reviews

I admit that the context of my post was in bad taste in that horrific things happened to those poor souls in that staircase and in apartments in that building. I apologise to anyone offended by those comments. You however are getting up on your high horse going on about it also - if it was my wife I would like to think that I would have in on front of me and would not get out of there without her- that was my thinking at the time of the post- I understand that all kinds of interpretations can be made from a post - so off with you- I have some good Moslem friends and visited several Moslem countries and have no issues with the people whatever- however I do not like how the many sections of Islam make women second class citizens and make them cover up and be anonymous etc - Being clueless makes me say stupid things at times - such is life

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
    I admit that the context of my post was in bad taste in that horrific things happened to those poor souls in that staircase and in apartments in that building. I apologise to anyone offended by those comments. You however are getting up on your high horse going on about it also - if it was my wife I would like to think that I would have in on front of me and would not get out of there without her- that was my thinking at the time of the post- I understand that all kinds of interpretations can be made from a post - so off with you- I have some good Moslem friends and visited several Moslem countries and have no issues with the people whatever- however I do not like how the many sections of Islam make women second class citizens and make them cover up and be anonymous etc - Being clueless makes me say stupid things at times - such is life
    Thanks for reply , I do not agree with certain elements of this religion also, I admire you for posting this. If you ever find yourself in a fire you may actually be better with your wife behind you if descending, especially when opening doors, which you perhaps should feel the handle/metal strip if there is one first and always close one door before opening another to avoid a draft its why fire doors should always be double doored and finally get low literally lie down if you cant see as when I was evacuating it was the only way I could actually see at the time. Fires are a ferocious thing so staying coordinated with others can be v difficult. Hopefully you will never be there.
    Last edited by beautyaddict; 20-06-17 at 19:18.

Reviews

Thanks for reply , I do not agree with certain elements of this religion also, I admire you for posting this. If you ever find yourself in a fire you may actually be better with your wife behind you if descending, especially when opening doors, which you perhaps should feel the handle/metal strip if there is one first and always close one door before opening another to avoid a draft its why fire doors should always be double doored and finally get low literally lie down if you cant see as when I was evacuating it was the only way I could actually see at the time. Fires are a ferocious thing so staying coordinated with others can be v difficult. Hopefully you will never be there.
    Where were you in a fire?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast