Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrible Tragedy in London Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy Sandy 69 View Post
    The refurbishment of the tower block, which was signed off only in 2016, tragically did not include the installation of a sprinkler system. Apparently the refurbishment sounds as if it was mainly cosmetic, to make the external of the building more aesthetic appealing.

Sandy x
    Yes, I read a similar report today, and that it was given a lick of, perhaps, flammable paint. Anyway, I guess it's not good of me to speculate. A terrible tragedy that looks like it could have been avoid if more fire safety precautions were put in place. As someone else said in this thread, seriously consider making a loose plan on how youll escape should a fire break out in your home during the dead of night. Such scary stuff to imagine. Thoughts and prayers with the victims.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to randaddy2017 For This Useful Post:

Mr Sweet Guy (14-06-17), Sexy Sandy 69 (14-06-17)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Best Before View Post
    Several people are confirmed dead in a London apartment block fire. RIP to the victims and prayers go out to the family and friends of the deceased.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...y-latimer-road
    Very sad story and unfortunately likely to get sadder with the death toll likely to rise. R.I.P

Reviews

The death toll is now at 12 but this is likely to increase further and there are also fears that the building may collapse. RIP all the victims.
    The Truth is out there.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

Mr Sweet Guy (14-06-17), Sexy Sandy 69 (15-06-17)

The company that undertook the refurbishment has now amended it's statement, it has removed the wording that claims that all the materials used during the refurbishment reached fire standards. If this is the case, this is not acceptable & heads should roll. I truly cannot imagine the panic & fear that those residents must've felt, being trapped in a blazing building, knowing that their chances of being rescued were virtually non-existent.

Sandy x
    Last edited by Sexy Sandy 69; 15-06-17 at 06:39.
    In memory of an awesome woman Laura Lee RIP
    It's so difficult to articulate just how much she meant. Inspirational, brave and irreplaceable - our hero.
    Please do what you can for her daughter. Deeply appreciated.
    https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/glasgaelauralee

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sexy Sandy 69 For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (15-06-17), Mr Sweet Guy (15-06-17)

Reviews

No one expected to have survived in the top two floors.
    Exterior cladding(with a polyethylene core), installed in 2015, is being suggested as a possible reason for the rapidity of the blaze. There have been fires in buildings with such cladding in France, Australia and the U. A. E. The lack of a sprinkler system, in such a high rise, residential building, and advice to stay put, if one's apartment was not directly on fire, are extremely questionable.
    Puts Priory Hall, and similar places in Ireland, into perspective.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bratsimpson1 For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (15-06-17), Mr Sweet Guy (15-06-17), Sexy Sandy 69 (15-06-17)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    This day & age very sad.

Apartment residents take note of your fire traps please.

And always plan an escape route regardless of where you live (Think about it for a minute, it might save you're life.)

A simple thing but very important.

Horrible.
    There is alot of ticking time bombs in Dublin
    I love penthouses but in some buildings even the real flashy ones I would not stay in them. There alot new apartments that's are so dangerous no fire doors poor insulation between apartments etc yet someone has signed off them. That's was a small electrical fire
    My building I cannot ever remember a fire alarm test or notices of what to do in a fire. I read and I'll be honest in.the daily mail who said there advice was to stay inside
    If that was the case then that's just wow

Anywhere I go I work out escape plans. Not just for fire either incase of attack but everyone needs to do this.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to annabel taylor For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (15-06-17), Bratsimpson1 (15-06-17)

Just shocking no words also

Reviews

now hope they get the cladding sorted on the other towers as there'll be a lot of worried occupants and rightly so, again it was all to save money but what a terrible tragedy, those poor people trapped and calling for help, frightening
    Last edited by FargoBoyle; 15-06-17 at 13:40.

Reviews

Teresa May to order full public inquiry into the circumstances of the fire.

Not a great way to die, stuck in a building knowing you can't escape and the building is getting hotter and hotter and the smoke is getting thicker.
    For many, the smoke would have killed them and not the fire.

Rest in Peace to each one of them.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast