Thread: How do you treat your loved ones ?

Post How do you treat your loved ones ?

.. oh it's so easy to buy a trinket , buy even a diamond to appease one !

How much of yourself do you give ?

I am like many workaholic Fathers : having no time nor mind or heart to give , I buy a Treat for them , to appease my aching soul .

How I wish I could be there for my ones ! How I wish they could be the center of my universe -- as they are ,

but I have no time nor mind nor enough wherewithal to care sufficiently ... how my heart aches as they look at me ,

longing for nothing more than a meaningful touch and caress .

and we All make our choices in life , and we all prioritize .

And my heart breaks as I am about to let go of one of mine -- temporarily ; nevertheless painful so -- ,

hoping and praying with all my might that she will stick there in good form in good love in good faith ,in good hope ,

and allow me the Focus that this life demands . ..

We ALL make choices every day .

: How do you treat Your loved ones ??

Do you give them of yourself , or you buy them Treats to appease their need of you ??

Buying / getting things SO much easier than to give of one's self !!

But which more valuable ??

How many of you remember a distant father always at work , providing for the family , 'bringin' home the bacon' so to say ,

but yet you were left wanting in desperate need for his attention or even for his aknowledgement of your existance ??

How many of you ??

So .

How do you treat your loved ones ??

{and as an aside / perhaps a fleeting feeble explanation for such a lapse in 'Stephanie's always proper demeanor : I am drunk .

: I have not had a drink since March 13th 2016 when in Kathmandu I had a Vodka . Then three days later on the 16th well in the Mountains

in desperate exhaustion and hypoglycemic shock I asked for a beer of which I drank but a sip .. so , you see , here a drink virgin ,

now I'm about to let go of my 10 year old girl born on my farm under my hand , breaking my heart and so I've had some wine .

I hurt .

I know this is not the Forum for such , but I have no other .

I hope -- if I post this -- , I hope this will sink down down down real quick-like on the current threads lists .

This raw pain , don't know what to do with it .

Troll me if you wish -- I hope you won't .

Ps . ** It's the Four Legged kind of kids x
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (16-05-17), DrAlan (16-05-17), IrishSarahBarra (16-05-17), thewren (16-05-17)

Time. Spend as much time as you can with your child, children and family. You cannot replace people or pets everything else you can. Time is the most precious gift you can give to anyone and it is priceless. Work and inanimate objects can all be replaced.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cimlat For This Useful Post:

Cassandra (16-05-17), IrishSarahBarra (16-05-17), Stephanie (16-05-17)

Reviews

Sadly

Badly

I'm a cad.

Reviews

Love

"Hearts Live By Being Wounded"

Oscar Wilde

And your heart way bigger than mere trinkets.
    Of that, I know !!!

({}) *x*

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thewren For This Useful Post:

IrishSarahBarra (16-05-17), Stephanie (16-05-17)

Reviews

Deletion, delectation, denial,
    3d

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bratsimpson1 For This Useful Post:

Super ModeratorTheNightShift (16-05-17)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    .. oh it's so easy to buy a trinket , buy even a diamond to appease one !

How much of yourself do you give ?

I am like many workaholic Fathers : having no time nor mind or heart to give , I buy a Treat for them , to appease my aching soul .

How I wish I could be there for my ones ! How I wish they could be the center of my universe -- as they are ,

but I have no time nor mind nor enough wherewithal to care sufficiently ... how my heart aches as they look at me ,

longing for nothing more than a meaningful touch and caress .

and we All make our choices in life , and we all prioritize .

And my heart breaks as I am about to let go of one of mine -- temporarily ; nevertheless painful so -- ,

hoping and praying with all my might that she will stick there in good form in good love in good faith ,in good hope ,

and allow me the Focus that this life demands . ..

We ALL make choices every day .

: How do you treat Your loved ones ??

Do you give them of yourself , or you buy them Treats to appease their need of you ??

Buying / getting things SO much easier than to give of one's self !!

But which more valuable ??

How many of you remember a distant father always at work , providing for the family , 'bringin' home the bacon' so to say ,

but yet you were left wanting in desperate need for his attention or even for his aknowledgement of your existance ??

How many of you ??

So .

How do you treat your loved ones ??

{and as an aside / perhaps a fleeting feeble explanation for such a lapse in 'Stephanie's always proper demeanor : I am drunk .

: I have not had a drink since March 13th 2016 when in Kathmandu I had a Vodka . Then three days later on the 16th well in the Mountains

in desperate exhaustion and hypoglycemic shock I asked for a beer of which I drank but a sip .. so , you see , here a drink virgin ,

now I'm about to let go of my 10 year old girl born on my farm under my hand , breaking my heart and so I've had some wine .

I hurt .

I know this is not the Forum for such , but I have no other .

I hope -- if I post this -- , I hope this will sink down down down real quick-like on the current threads lists .

This raw pain , don't know what to do with it .

Troll me if you wish -- I hope you won't .

Ps . ** It's the Four Legged kind of kids x
    Girl you're good, anything goes here
    Personally I'd say make the gift your presence. A fancy spa break, okay, but be there with them.
    As for the four legged kind I always like to think their presence in our lives is but a gift. One quickly expiring and best spent b by not thinking of the end nor past but beautiful present.

Same with two legged folk. Be there when you is there, give them your full attention and time, mind go wandering, pull it back -and if you yourself aren't able to be there - a heartfelt note or voice recording with a well thought out gift ought to do it.

My two cent. Have a coke before bed for the head

<3 u always and L&L to ya
    Last edited by Cassandra; 16-05-17 at 02:56.
    What if "It's Raining Men" and 'Let the bodies hit the floor' are both about the same event but from different perspectives 🤔

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cassandra For This Useful Post:

IrishSarahBarra (16-05-17), Stephanie (16-05-17)

I haven't seen some of my family for nearly 3 years, my parents came to see me a few months ago and at Christmas the year before that.
    I am finally going to see them all in 2 months times, but only for a few days.

This shall also be the longest time of leaving my dog behind, which I am very nervous about as he is my little bastard.
    The longest time apart from my dog has been 1 day, but 5 days apart will kill me.
    I just hope the people that look after him will treat him well.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Floki For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (16-05-17)

Quote Originally Posted by imageman81 View Post
    A very interesting and refreshingly honest read.

I hope the head isn't too sore today and I hope your day is filled with whatever distractions you want/need to get through it.
    Head very sore , something wicked !!

Thank you all for the positive vibes and posts and PMs .. means the world .

Now she's gone , Lady picked her up a little while ago , I'm in bits , hope she'll fit in

for long run , healthy happy smiling , and so I can focus on what I need to do

for the betternment of all my 'pack' . This only pup daycare / longterm boarding , she still mine ,

her healthcare and food and all associated still mine + paying pup hotel fees at Lady's house x

: I would Never put any of my kids in kennels ever again ! Never .

I do believe I am doing right by my Girl , and doing right by Me . Pray she settles in well x

I've been trying to serve two masters for last months , and it's been tearing me up ,

not able to fulfill and satisfy neither's need and want .

She'll have mates -- hopefully , and a cozy corner -- hopefully , and all-day walks and

'happenings' . Makes for happy Pup x

Only thing she won't have is Me .

Think I'll have some more wine xx
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (16-05-17), thewren (16-05-17)

Blog Entries

I treat my loved ones very well. Give them a good home, feed them and walk the one that needs walking. The rest of my family I get on OK with when I see them. Parents are dead and family are in Dublin and Spain.

Westside.