Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Rugby World Cup Draw

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    Well thats an even stranger thing to say. If the performance or result doesn't matter then why are they playing the game?
    Beats me. I don't see why the IRB don't cancel these friendly matches leading up to a World Cup as their extremely risky given how frequent injuries in rugby union are

Reviews

While the teams will probably not go all out the way they would in a competitive match, it is important in terms of momentum ahead of the World Cup. Also there is an added incentive for Ireland in the fact that they will go to number one in the world rankings if they win. I think though that England will win the game maybe by 3-5 points.
    The Truth is out there.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

Ryankelvin (24-08-19)

Reviews

Well what can you read into that game. 57-15.
    I read into it the fact that Ireland were a shambles. If they play in the World Cup like they did today they will be under pressure to even get out of their pool. A huge improvement will be needed in the next two warm up games against Wales to restore any confidence at all.
    The Truth is out there.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Dream result. Now nobody will give us a chance in the RWC quarter final, especially since England weren't looking like potential champions before this match

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Galwegian1993 View Post
    Dream result. Now nobody will give us a chance in the RWC quarter final, especially since England weren't looking like potential champions before this match
    If Ireland reach the quarter finals. On today`s evidence that`s by no means certain.
    The Truth is out there.

Reviews

It's hard tell by friendly some teams don't look full of fit to me . I do agree quarter final for Ireland .

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tony1 For This Useful Post:

Ryankelvin (24-08-19), westcorklad (24-08-19)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by tony1 View Post
    It's hard tell by friendly some teams don't look full of fit to me . I do agree quarter final for Ireland .
    The only positive I can see is that Ireland preparations are not as advanced as England’s but that’s clutching at straws My view is quarter final at best

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryankelvin For This Useful Post:

westcorklad (24-08-19)

Rule Britannia. Brittania rules the rugby.God bless you Maam and all who serve on you.

Reviews

A dream result? You certaintly do have different opinions to other people. What would you class as a nightmare result?
    Keeping England tryless and conceding less than 10 points in an heroic defensive performance similar to the NZ game last year

I don't know and I don't really care but Schmidt announced his departure quite some time ago.
    Could this have led to some dispiritment in the Irish camp similar to what happened when Ferguson announced his departure from United a few years before the final end, thus precipitating a severe drop in results until he reversed his decision.
    Or is just that England have vastly improved

Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast