Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Modern Day Gentleman?

1. Default Modern Day Gentleman?

Years ago, when I was a lad, a true gent was someone who held doors open for the fairer sex, gave up his seat for the fairer sex, never welched on a bet, always paid his club bar bill on time, was never a cad with the ladies, stopped and changed tyres for a lady, always had a handkerchief ready in his top pocket, drank whisky, martinis or a good stiff G&T

But what of today?
    What defines a modern day "Gent" and what do ladies expect from "gents" these days?

Last time I tried to hold a door open for a lady, you gave me the daggers look and went through a different door, are we gents a dying breed?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BarronVonMonsterRod For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (29-03-17)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by BarronVonMonsterRod View Post
    Years ago, when I was a lad, a true gent was someone who held doors open for the fairer sex, gave up his seat for the fairer sex, never welched on a bet, always paid his club bar bill on time, was never a cad with the ladies, stopped and changed tyres for a lady, always had a handkerchief ready in his top pocket, drank whisky, martinis or a good stiff G&T

But what of today?
    What defines a modern day "Gent" and what do ladies expect from "gents" these days?

Last time I tried to hold a door open for a lady, you gave me the daggers look and went through a different door, are we gents a dying breed?
    YES AS I AM ONLY ONE TO ANSWER YOUR POST AND WHERE ALL THE GENTLEMAN HERE AS DISAPPOINTING TO KNOW VERY FEW OF US GUYS ABOUT IT AS EXPECTED LOT OF GUYS HERE TO ANSWER THIS POST..
    DOESN'T LOOK GOOD AS LADIES BE WEARY NOW OF CLIENT WHO COME TO MEET THEM AS ONLY YOU AND I SO FAR MATE.....

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by shyguyshyguy12 View Post
    But your shouting at him, not a gentleman
    Yes it work as you heard me shout Shy guys and join minority club of Gentleman mate as we are nearly extinct....
    Now got to SHOUT LOUDER AS SOME OTHER MIGHT HEAR ME......
    Last edited by Mr Sweet Guy; 28-03-17 at 21:45.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Sweet Guy View Post
    Yes it work as you heard me shout Shy guys and join minority club of Gentleman mate as we are nearly extinct....
    Now got to SHOUT LOUDER AS SOME OTHER MIGHT HEAR ME......
    What's all the shouting about lads ?

I have a theory that the modern gentleman prefers TS/TV because there's more chance that both of you are enjoying yourselves... Very few E-girls out there are enjoying being poked, but a good 69... there's parity!

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    What's all the shouting about lads ?
    Well it not Gentleman BARNEY WHERE WERE YOU ? With Sarah as that your only excuse got mate as anything else you better had a good explanation as us Gent are very few in number to Bad boys....

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Sweet Guy View Post
    Well it not Gentleman BARNEY WHERE WERE YOU ? With Sarah as that your only excuse got mate as anything else you better had a good explanation as us Gent are very few in number to Bad boys....
    Oh I am a bad boy sometimes too Mr S G, only problem is that I'm getting way too old to be a "bad boy"

Ah he still exists.

He sends funny emails in the morning if your looking grumpy. Puts the free paper on your desk, that he got with his coffee (sometimes leaves the cheap chocolate bar too.)

He saves a free chair at lunch or, finds one when you arrive because he doesn't want to look like he was keeping one for you. Donates the last of the milk and pretends he likes his black.

Lets you pick one round of colourful coctails and organises taxis because no one else is able and he wants to make sure everyone gets home ok.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IrishSarahBarra For This Useful Post:

EIFII (29-03-17), MidlifeCrisis (28-03-17), Stephanie (29-03-17)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSarahBarra View Post
    Ah he still exists.

He sends funny emails in the morning if your looking grumpy. Puts the free paper on your desk, that he got with his coffee (sometimes leaves the cheap chocolate bar too.)

He saves a free chair at lunch or, finds one when you arrive because he doesn't want to look like he was keeping one for you. Donates the last of the milk and pretends he likes his black.

Lets you pick one round of colourful coctails and organises taxis because no one else is able and he wants to make sure everyone gets home ok.
    Feck it Sarah, he sounds like a keeper - that's me bolloxed
    Last edited by Barney Rubble; 28-03-17 at 22:10. Reason: How are you btw ? ;-)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

IrishSarahBarra (28-03-17)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSarahBarra View Post
    Ah he still exists.

Glad to hear Sarah as Barney looking after you well and as long as he kiss you and tuck you in bed at night and say sweet dream Sarah then you onto a winner there with Gentleman Barney...But be warn Sarah he could be a bad boy in bed as you may find out one day...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast