Thread: Martin McGuinness has died

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by annabel taylor View Post
    A hero... Some people forget what
    northern ireland was for catholics back then. He went from bullets to ballot box
    He only ever want peace and united ireland
    Nobody could have put it better

2. The Following User Says Thank You to brendonlong1 For This Useful Post:

tom rambo (21-03-17)

R.I.P. Martin
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

Reviews

Just after hearing the news about Martin McGuinness' passing, may he rest in peace. I know that many will not see him as a hero (including many dissident republicans) I personally regard him as a great man who turned his back on violence to follow a peaceful route to politician.
    RIP

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

blue rebel (21-03-17), tom rambo (21-03-17)

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    Just after hearing the news about Martin McGuinness' passing, may he rest in peace. I know that many will not see him as a hero (including many dissident republicans) I personally regard him as a great man who turned his back on violence to follow a peaceful route to politician.
    RIP
    I was here through the troubles in Derry and if your idea of a great man was one that had lots of blood on his hands and was responsible for the deaths of innocent people, whos comrades bombed pubs which killed many innocent mothers, fathers and children and anyone who thinks he is a great man for that is a very warped person.
    The bombs and bullets were not having an effect here or in mainland Britain and people were getting fed up with it all so they had no other option but to try the ballot box.
    It was their last hope
    He mellowed in his old age but he was one ruthless and cunning man who I had no time for
    Last edited by TheKnight; 21-03-17 at 09:26.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TheKnight For This Useful Post:

TonyStark (28-03-17)

Quote Originally Posted by TheKnight View Post
    I was here through the troubles in Derry and if your idea of a great man was one that had lots of blood on his hands and was responsible for the deaths of innocent people, whos comrades bombed pubs which killed many innocent mothers, fathers and children and anyone who thinks he is a great man for that is a very warped person.
    The bombs and bullets were not having an effect here or in mainland Britain and people were getting fed up with it all so they had no other option but to try the ballot box.
    It was their last hope
    He mellowed in his old age but he was one ruthless and cunning man who I had no time for
    True he was a coward who posed as a man of peace.