I do think having sex work as an option is contributory. Don't forget there are also those that have sugar daddies and are in relationships for the money, rather than the love. When you combine that with women that have children that pretty much leaves the percentage that are homeless.

Just as a note, I believe sofa surfing is still classed as being homeless. If you have 'no fixed abode' then you can be on the list for housing as you are classed as homeless, so that might be the reason why you see less women sleeping rough, as although they are homeless, they are more able to find someone indoors to sleep over night.

I read somewhere that men are more likely to look for money in crime and drugs if destitute, while women are more likely to pay their way through sex. I don't now if that is true, but it would make sense.

I thought it might be interesting to talk about this, because a lot of people feel sorry for women in the sex trade, but I feel much more sorry for those that are having to sleep rough and can't find a legitimate way to get out of their hole. At least we have an outlet that for many of us is not a big deal and can really turn life around. Obviously it doesn't work for us all, but it is a choice and a good one.