Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: warning sensitive - Mum of trans woman beaten by mob and shot dead in homophobic atta

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by zilch View Post
    We've come a long way in 70 years , tiz a real shame you were left behind.

It's never to late for councelling my man.
    LOL If you think Ireland has come a 'long way' in 70 years, it makes me wonder what rock you have just crawled out from under. Mind you it gives us a very good idea where you got your username from - your IQ!

You need help.

It's hard to find words to talk about news like this .

Dandara was brutally killed during daylight , in the middle of the street surrounded by people whom instead of helping would rather film her ordeal . Most of involved were underaged boys who couldn't deal with the existence of transgender women .

I do hope justice will be served , but justice in this case isn't just enough , society has to change , I wish people would have the same empathy for trans women as they have for any other human being.

The root of all this bigotry is embedded in misogyny , homophobia and transphobia which make us so vulnerable and is also the reason why transphobia shouldn't have a place in our society .

I have the upmost respect for men who are able to deal correctly with their attraction to us and people who support us in general. I'm fortunate enough to be surrounded by people with amazing minds and extraordinary hearts , I wish Dandara and all transpeople would have the same luck ( or better saying , being treated with dignity and respect wouldnt be a privilegde ).

Rest in peace dandara

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to laura boldrini For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (09-03-17), Rachel Divine (09-03-17), robbie9 (09-03-17), Stephanie (09-03-17), Super ModeratorTheNightShift (09-03-17)

Quote Originally Posted by robbie9 View Post
    It is so sad

To think even MAN in wig are been targeted , as they just derive pleasure from dressing up in clothes appropriate to the opposite sex.

i think key fact:

"Between October 2015 and September 2016 in Brazil alone 123 trans and gender-variant people were murdered."

I'not surprised lot of the TS from Brazil are not even going home for Christmas , makes me so sad.
    Population of Brazil : 200.4 Million .

"LGBT people in Brazil represent 8.35% of the Brazilians, or approximately 20,000,000 LGBT"

Even a single human life pointlessly cut short is one too many ... but I wonder what the general population homicide rate is ...

: "Brazil's homicide rate is 30-35 homicides per 100,000 inhabitants, placing Brazil in the top 20 countries by intentional homicide rate."

"In 2015, Brazil had a murder rate of 25.2 per 100,000 population. There were a total of 50,108 murders in Brazil in 2015.

Another study has the 2015 murder rate at 32.4 per 100,000, with 64,357 homicides."

It is a terrible thing , such a brutal death , senseless , pointless , cruel .. But ALL deaths are , aren't they ??

By the numbers it would seem that actually the homicide rate of LGBT community is LESS than the national figure .

Could that be correct ??
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Jorge (10-03-17), Super ModeratorTheNightShift (11-03-17)

Damn , I just looked at the OP again . Heartbreaking to see such brutality .

No excuse for it !

My heart goes out to all those who suffer such atrocities and to their families .

Cry a river x

Last edited by Stephanie; 09-03-17 at 22:54.
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Reviews

With a bit of luck these scumbags will die screaming in agony from some form of illness that doesn't grant you as quick a death as a gunshot wound does.

Having recently lost the run of myself.....
    ....please indicate your level of satisfaction with this post as you exit.
    (All feedback is anonymous and used to improve your experience here)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to xagerate For This Useful Post:

libby (10-03-17)

Just fucking sad
    Human being can be so cruel.
    Unfortunately in Brazil happen loads shit like this
    ❤Diamond Libby❤
    SEX IS AN ADDICTION
    AND ANAL AN OBSESSION...
    April Is just in the corner....
    Coming back soon

Quote Originally Posted by joggon View Post
    Mum of trans woman beaten by mob and shot dead in homophobic attack describes heartache after "very cruel lynching"

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/world...brazil-9987159

WARNING - UPSETTING CONTENT: Dandara dos Santos, 42, was dragged from her home and dumped in a wheelbarrow before being taken to a back alley and shot dead amid cheers and laughter

The family of a trans woman who was beaten and shot dead in a sickening homophobic attack has paid tribute after the "very cruel lynching."
    Dandara dos Santos begged for her life as she was dragged from her home and dumped in a wheelbarrow before being rolled to a back alley and shot dead amid cheers and laughter.
    Two men suspected of shooting Dandara, 42, and three teenagers that allegedly appeared in a sickening video of the attack have been arrested. A sixth suspect is still on the run.
    Dandara's mother, Francisca Ferreira, spoke about the moment she found out her daughter had been attacked.
    She said: "I was very desperate. Crying and asking God what had happened. What did this boy do, my God?

The family of Dandara dos Santos, 42, described her as 'selfless' in a moving tribute (Photo: G1)"I became so crazy I could not believe it if there was a fight or not."
    Dandara's sister, Sonia Maria, said her sister was selfless and was always going out her way to help people - but she said she was always a victim of prejudice.
    She said: "She never said no. She could be tired, but she was always helpful.
    "Wherever we asked her to go, she would. She never said no.
    READ MORE

Officers raided homes in the Bom Jardim neighbourhood in Trairi, Brazil, today, where they arrested five men.
    One of them has been identified as the man who filmed the attack - who is also suspected of drug trafficking, and was already known to the police.

Dandara dos Santos was dragged from her home and dumped in a wheelbarrow before being rolled to a back alley and beaten to death amid cheers and laughter (Photo: Viral Press)In horrific footage, released by police, terrified Dandara is seen crying on the ground as she is kicked, punched and hit with shoes, stones and a plank of wood in front of residents in Fortaleza,in the state of Ceara.
    She begs the savage attackers to spare her life but they simply lift her into a wheelbarrow and roll her away to a back alley where she is shot dead.
    The person filmed the clip is heard saying in Portuguese "they will kill the faggot" and laughing while the attackers make cruel taunts about her hormone-therapy induced breasts and hurl homophobic insults.
    One witness, who wished to remain anonymous, described the crime as a "very cruel lynching."

Dandara dos Santos, 42, when she lived as a man (Photo: G1)They told globo.com : "It was several guys. One was kicking and another a rock. Another hit and another hit with a stick on her head "
    They said they called police twice during the attack, but they didn't come until it was too late.
    The Secretariat of Security said that they couldn't trace the number of the caller and therefore couldn't confirm if the information about the delay is true.
    READ MORE

The video was initially circulated online by LGBT groups in a desperate bid to raise awareness about the huge number of attacks against trans and gender diverse people in Brazil.
    The secretary of Public Security and Social Defense of Ceará, André Costa said today: "After the assaults, they took (Dandara) to another place, near where the images were made.
    "As seen in the images, she was brutally, cowardly, murdered by a firearm shot."

The terrified 42-year-old is seen crying on the ground as she is kicked, punched and hit with shoes and a plank of wood in front of residents in Fortaleza, Ceara state, Brazil (Photo: Viral Press)Police Inspector Damasceno who is investigating the death said yesterday: "The footage was first circulated among LGBT groups which helped that process.
    "The police began circulating the clip and we arrived at the house of two of the people identified but they fled.
    "The investigation is already well advanced and we are going after the killers."
    The attack on February 15 is one of the latest in a sickening trend in Brazil for targeting transsexuals and transvestites.
    According to Brazil's Trans Network, Dandara was the fifth to be murdered last month.
    The government of Ceara released a statement condemning the killings warning that attackers will be punished.

The video was initially circulated online by LGBT groups in a desperate bid to raise awareness about the huge number of attacks against trans and gender diverse people in Brazil (Photo: Viral Press)They said: "The Government of Ceara hereby expresses its deepest condemnation of acts of violence and intolerance as what was practiced against Dandara dos Santos, killed by brutal beating."
    There have been 2,016 reported killings of trans and gender diverse people in 65 countries worldwide between 2008 and 2015.
    More than 1,500 of these deaths were reported in Central and South America, according to Transgender Murder Monitoring project.
    Between October 2015 and September 2016 in Brazil alone 123 trans and gender-variant people were murdered.

Within the same period, 295 were murdered across the world.
    Thirty were reported to be 21 years old or younger, with some as young as 14.
    OMG this went way to far. While i,m not a big fan of transsexuals i will definitely condemn this violence and attack against this woman. Is her choice is her life she decided what she want to do with her body who we are to judge her? If something dont affect me dont bother me . i hope the attackers will go in jail
    Always Smile

11. Default

Oh god! This amount of stupidity and brutality is unbelievable. Even animals don't do that! But Pity, advice, crying or punishment, are only a temporary palliatives as long as we don't journey into our hearts, don't meditate, and don't throw away our wrong beliefs due to our poisoned & rotten & decayed culture in the trash.

Blog Entries

They seem to pick out easy targets as well. Theres one called Janie Marie Kroc. I bet she would kick the shit out of all of them. They never seem to touch these ones though.

Westside.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123