Thread: How the Celtic tiger lost its roar

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpoundher View Post
    That’s the upside to not being ruled by money and being seen to have money that people got caught up in. The boom sailed over my head but so will the recession. Keeping up with the Jones is a dangerous game to play as no one can win in the end if you play to long. I had the piss taken back a few years ago but those that did are now shitting bricks trying to pay for things they never really needed.

Precisely. I remember being 'flushed with cash' a couple of years back, and being made fun of, considered stupid, and laughed at because I didn't let the money get to my head-they didn't understand it wasn't going to last very long.

QUOTE=thehighwayman;76345]It's the banks and people that got too greedy. They have themselves to blame for it by living a millionaires lifestyle with money they didn't have.[/QUOTE]

In all fairness, people were literally brain-washed into believing they could have it all, if they got 'this loan', get this type of credit card, and remortgaged their homes .

There was a test back in early 70's to see whether people would go along with what was told to them, if it was told by a person of authority or a member of the professional classes. Test results showed they would.
    Last edited by anitasizzle; 30-03-09 at 13:26.