Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: is trump the new jesus?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    Was he on Who's Line Is it Anyway ?
    You're thinking Drew Carey. Total fascist, I can understand the confusion.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post
    You're thinking Drew Carey. Total fascist, I can understand the confusion.
    Nah, John Sessions on the UK version. Maybe you couldn't get Channel 4 on your TV back in the 80's ?

Reviews

Nah, John Sessions on the UK version. Maybe you couldn't get Channel 4 on your TV back in the 80's ?
    I was still reveling in the selection between RTE1 and RTE2.

I mean if you didn't like "where in the world" you could switch over and watch Glenroe.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gonzo76 For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (11-03-17)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post
    I was still reveling in the selection between RTE1 and RTE2.

I mean if you didn't like "where in the world" you could switch over and watch Glenroe.
    Or Murphy's Micro Quizm

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

gonzo76 (11-03-17)

Reviews

Or Murphy's Micro Quizm
    Ah Mike Murphy, some classic stuff...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gonzo76 For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (11-03-17)

Blog Entries

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2495.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	120328

Leyla

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to alyx For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (15-03-17), beautyaddict (16-03-17), Curvaceous Kate (15-03-17), Ripvanwinkle1 (15-03-17), Wolverine (15-03-17)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sirben View Post
    alot of people didnt like jesus when he was alive too. but to me,trump seems almost christ like.
    and when i see all the people who hate him,it makes me like him more!
    From what I remember of Jesus he was anti most of the things that Trump stands for, so I'm not sure if this new version is going to be able to reverse things with anyone who has an ounce of humanity about them. Just my opinion.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (15-03-17)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by drbagehot View Post
    I couldn't give a rats ass that I'm Irish. Why would I be proud of what I had no hand in being? I didn't level up from being Welsh.

Nationalism is a drug that powerful people use to make young men do and die for things they would never otherwise do. Frankly I look at the countryside strewn with roadside litter, the rampant me feinism, the corrupt planning and local government, and I'm glad I'm not proud to be Irish, because if I was, there would be a lot I'd be ashamed of.
    Interesting and provocative post Dr Bagehot.

A lot of truth in what you say, however there are also a lot of good sides to the Irish. As a generality I find them to be kind, generous and open hearted, and I have to say I love living among them. Compared to the rampant little Englander mentality running amok on the Mainland right now, I find the Irish me feinism to be much less disturbing and intolerant.

Each nation has its good and dark sides I guess. But I totally agree with you that any individual's nationality is merely an unmerited accident of birth which renders the current British and American obsession with reducing immigration distasteful in the extreme.
    Last edited by EIFII; 15-03-17 at 22:00.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EIFII For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (15-03-17)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by drbagehot View Post
    I couldn't give a rats ass that I'm Irish. Why would I be proud of what I had no hand in being? I didn't level up from being Welsh.

Nationalism is a drug that powerful people use to make young men do and die for things they would never otherwise do. Frankly I look at the countryside strewn with roadside litter, the rampant me feinism, the corrupt planning and local government, and I'm glad I'm not proud to be Irish, because if I was, there would be a lot I'd be ashamed of.
    We are on are way up, England is on its way down. The cycle of life.

Proud to be Oirish !

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by EIFII View Post
    Interesting and provocative post Dr Bagehot.

A lot of truth in what you say, however there are also a lot of good sides to the Irish. As a generality I find them to be kind, generous and open hearted, and I have to say I love living among them. Compared to the rampant little Englander mentality running amok on the Mainland right now, I find the Irish me feinism to be much less disturbing and intolerant.

Each nation has its good and dark sides I guess. But I totally agree with you that any individual's nationality is merely an unmerited accident of birth which renders the current British and American obsession with reducing immigration distasteful in the extreme.
    One of the most endearing traits of the Irish is their high tolerance for prats from distant places who live among them.
    Good for social harmony anyway.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast