Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Biggest fail at The Oscars

Reviews

Wasn't it the lady that read it out?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by imageman81 View Post
    OMG some old millionaire gave a golden statue to a bunch of other millionaires, and then had to take it back and give it to another bunch of millionaires.

What's the world coming to.
    thats it in a nutshell
    Other opinions are allowed
    Age doesn't equal maturity - just look around !
    Unhappy ? press ignore user in settings

3. The Following User Says Thank You to joggon For This Useful Post:

Mister Anderson (28-02-17)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Sorry x that doesn't make any sense ... x
    That has now been confirmed. And appologised for.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...oscars-blunder

"Actress in a Leading Role" was awarded to the film "La La Land". Then the duplicate envelope ("Actress in a Leading Role") was handed to Warren Beatty, who showed it to Faye Dunaway who read out "La La Land" again.

Easily done but not a good ad for PricewaterhouseCoopers.

[Sorry if I am not explaining it well and not making sense]

Reviews

All a bunch of wankers, what gets me is these pricks dressed up in the most expensive clobber for only 1 night and all up their own asses and millions spent on nothing really while little children are starving in other countries, that is what is a scandal

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MALCOLM For This Useful Post:

Mister Anderson (28-02-17)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by OutKast View Post
    Wasn't it the lady that read it out?
    Faye Dunaway, very sexy lady in her time, probably the first woman I fancied as a child in Bonnie & Clyde
    Last edited by Barney Rubble; 28-02-17 at 20:17. Reason: Fuck is it 50 years since that film was released ? Obviously I didn't see it then, I'm old but not that old !

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    I love films. And Americans make the best ones. And if they want to slap themselves on the back good luck to them. They brought a bit of joy into my mundane life through the year.

Shut up. You tool.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNightShift View Post
    What happened at The Oscars last night was the biggest fail ever in an award event. They gave the wrong envelope for Best Motion Picture, when the non-winners were celebrating on the stage like they were the winners, someone realize that the real envelope was another one... and the real winner was Moonlight instead of La La Land... EPIC!!!

The presenters had in their hands the envelope for Best leading actress, Emma Stone, but she also had hers at that moment, so they printed two or who Knows, but seems that a lot of people is gonna be fired after this.

Kara

Yesterday morning when I woke up for stupid O'clock to the warbling bullshit coming from my radio alarm clock I was pleasantly surprised that for a change it wasn't some Donald Trump attention-whore horseshit . And as I sat there wondering had the last year and a half been a bad comedown or shitty flashback it suddenly occurred to me that my radio was broken because the half hour of news I was listening to had not moved beyond Warren Beatty's faux pas. In fact I was still hearing the exact same shit the next morning at the exact same time on the exact same alarm clock. If I brought that alarm clock back to Roches, do you think they'd refund me?

Anyhow ...this is the world we live in

But while I'm here I might as well get some personal gripes out in the open.

Why the fuck was there such contention over an accidental handoff? Was it to distract from the fact that it was a play'-off between two of the shittiest movies to ever be nominated for an oscar? Why did 'Arrival' not make it to Warren's stupid stunt? What about 'Deadpool'? What's happening in Syria in the Trump transition?

All things considered, why is the Oscars even newsworthy?
    Last edited by Mister Anderson; 28-02-17 at 20:45.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Anderson For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12