Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: selling my laptop

Quote Originally Posted by zilch View Post
    Laptops have become disposable items so times must be pretty tight if you feel you have to sell it.
    Just burn , bury it and throw it in the sea coz you prob only getting about 50-80 bucks for it anyway.
    its worth still 250 euro at least so its either sell it or let it gather dust here in the cupboard

Blog Entries
    Reviews

If you're still wanting a sensible answer, run DBAN (https://dban.org) then install Windows again.

Or buy a £50 SSD, replace the shitty slow hard drive and sell it for a little more while "securely erasing" the old hard drive (i.e. smashing it to bits).

I always recommend on any device, be it laptop, desktop, phone whatever to always enable encryption. BitLocker on windows (or Truecrypt to go 3rd party), FileVault on OSX, or whatever they are called on mobile. If someone does data recovery once you've reset the device, all they get is blobs of useless data without the key.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Anderson View Post
    There's a plethora of freely available tools online for recovering data.

If you don't want to reinstall the OS but still want to erase the drive you could use something like DBAN or Hiren's Boot CD.
    Quote Originally Posted by FatBastard View Post
    If you're still wanting a sensible answer, run DBAN (https://dban.org) then install Windows again.

Or buy a £50 SSD, replace the shitty slow hard drive and sell it for a little more while "securely erasing" the old hard drive (i.e. smashing it to bits).

I always recommend on any device, be it laptop, desktop, phone whatever to always enable encryption. BitLocker on windows (or Truecrypt to go 3rd party), FileVault on OSX, or whatever they are called on mobile. If someone does data recovery once you've reset the device, all they get is blobs of useless data without the key.

Typical Trumptard

Reviews

Typical Trumptard
    I refer you to my previous advice

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post
    I refer you to my previous advice

Mmmmmmm .....

Bleaching a drive is a real thing dude. Trump is obviously butchering his delivery as usual because he's a brainless raccoon.

This is where the MSM cross the line, reporting lies as truth to the majority while there is a small professional minority out there that know the truth.

A case in point of MSM making themselves susceptible to further denigration by a dictator because they are too hungry for their own good in this feeding frenzy.
    Last edited by Mister Anderson; 17-02-17 at 21:25.

Reviews

Mmmmmmm .....

Bleaching a drive is a real thing dude. Trump is obviously butchering his delivery as usual because he's a brainless raccoon.

This is where the MSM cross the line, reporting lies as truth to the majority while there is a small professional minority out there that know the truth.

A case in point of MSM making themselves susceptible to further denigration by a dictator because they are too hungry for their own good in this feeding frenzy.
    Indeed bleaching is a real thing but it has nothing to do with chemicals.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo76 View Post
    Indeed bleaching is a real thing but it has nothing to do with chemicals.

Yeah dude, I know.

What I'm saying is it makes intelligent people look stupid when they pull him on minor discrepancies, faux pas, misunderstandings, general retardation from birth etc ... when he's bullshitting like its nobody's business on all sorts of things that actually effect people.

Reviews

Yeah dude, I know.

What I'm saying is it makes intelligent people look stupid when they pull him on minor discrepancies, faux pas, misunderstandings, general retardation from birth etc ... when he's bullshitting like its nobody's business on all sorts of things that actually effect people.
    Lol, general retardation from birth, love it!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast