Page 89 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Thread: That Bill is now being Voted on

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by The Libertarian View Post
    100 raids, it's obviously an easy soft policing task to do and they will now be further incentivised with the new law, quite pathetic, but no surprise!
    I find it hard to imagine they will proactively try to enforce it to the level of trying to deter clients. The manpower needed to do that is crazy. I'm sure from time to time they might do something as a PR activity.

Much more likely that they use the new law to respond to complaints from neighbors and busybodies, and to deal with the "lower end" of the market.

When the penalty points came in everyone started driving like grannies until they realised that the law did not hire 1000 new guards to enforce speeding.

I'd say things will settle down after a while. I hope so at least.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Bratsimpson1 View Post
    Hardly heard of 3 or 4.
    Must be why I'm not quaking in my boots and shitting myself.
    I guess most of you guys have never done 51kph in a 50kph zone, just in case, to be sure to be sure, one day in 365 there might be a cop car or speed van there.
    there was that alone in Donegal, just giving the facts, its up to everyone to do as they wish, Goodnight

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Chez View Post
    so who are you really? you just joined and are already attacking members who try to give us the facts, you don't seem to offer us anything whatsoever. Its not a playground
    A figure of a 100 plucked out of the air is not a fact and all that you have been doing here for weeks is handwringing and mostly saying, punting abroad, giving up, going less, etc, etc, etc
    Exactly the reaction that was wanted from the new law, without anyone having to lift a finger, and you giving confirmation of that to any of the new law's proponents reading here, as they are bound to do.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bratsimpson1 For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bestie View Post
    there was that alone in Donegal, just giving the facts, its up to everyone to do as they wish, Goodnight
    Obviously not making the national news then.

Reviews

Could we please stop with the word scaremongering as I find this thread informative and like to hear the facts from the guys.
    I will admit, i'm a bit scared but thats normal but the more knowledge I have the better I will be.

Reviews

Obviously not making the national news then.
    new law wasn't even passed then either

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by FredLopez View Post
    Could we please stop with the word scaremongering as I find this thread informative and like to hear the facts from the guys.
    I will admit, i'm a bit scared but thats normal but the more knowledge I have the better I will be.
    Nameless unknown Internet voices are not facts, just rumours unless they care to provide some creditable sources.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bratsimpson1 For This Useful Post:

annabel taylor (19-03-17)

Reviews

A figure of a 100 plucked out of the air is not a fact and all that you have been doing here for weeks is handwringing and mostly saying, punting abroad, giving up, going less, etc, etc, etc
    Exactly the reaction that was wanted from the new law, without anyone having to lift a finger, and you giving confirmation of that to any of the new law's proponents reading here, as they are bound to do.
    If the guys say it that I believe them but you coming on here and saying only 3 or 4 is madness. You know very well how many there has been.
    You're not as green as you make out to be

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dannylad View Post
    new law wasn't even passed then either
    Doom and gloom, if ands and buts, maybe said Chicken Licken.
    Last edited by Bratsimpson1; 18-03-17 at 22:52.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Chez View Post
    If the guys say it that I believe them but you coming on here and saying only 3 or 4 is madness. You know very well how many there has been.
    You're not as green as you make out to be
    Read it again, I said I might have HEARD of 3/4.
    Of course if they wish to link articles from the Irish Independent /Times, RTE or other reputable sources then fair enough.

Page 89 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast