Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Terminology and general vagueness

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Curvaceous Kate View Post
    Independent in Ireland technically does mean a sex worker on their own. It is also the way that many Independent sex workers choose to work. However it can also mean a sex worker who arranges all their own accommodation and bookings and has no financial input or expenses owed to another person. If they choose to work in the same place as another person they are still Independent (as with the New Zealand law) which acknowledges this and allows Independent workers to join forces as long as they all keep their own wages.

The ambiguity exists due to a stupid law that does not allow more than one person to work from any given place. This is why it is very cloak and dagger and people don't like to say if they are working alone (safety) or if they work in a shared place (legally).

For that reason there really isn't a solution to your problem, as it's a subject that can't be openly given a straight answer.
    thanks Kate, that's very helpful, and I'll certainly refer back to this should I find myself in such an argument again.

It's just bloody frustrating, and it's clear now where the source of that frustration comes from.

btw, if I haven't told you lately that you're great, YOU'RE GREAT!

your post should be stickied and kept in a prime location somewhere.

thanks again.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to collinsp For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (04-01-17)

In my views, basic service refers to a "suck and fuck" like you would have in an Amsterdam window.Independent is self employed no matter the housing arrangement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12