Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Pats bodyguard knows your ip

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    904
    Reviews
    4

    Angry Pats bodyguard knows your ip

    He has posted an IP checker in his signature
    This is an abuse of power.

    Basically he knows your ip, what version of windows you are running and what version of IE or firefox.

    Even if this is a joke, its a pretty poor one

    Patricia - action please.

    What next, post a list of our phone numbers and sexual preferences??!!

    yet another example of a poor moderator on a power trip
    Last edited by roryman; 17-03-09 at 20:54.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina, USA.
    Posts
    1,859
    Blog Entries
    65
    Reviews
    35

    Smile Calm down...

    Quote Originally Posted by roryman View Post
    He has posted an IP checker in his signature
    This is an abuse of power.

    Basically he knows your ip, what version of windows you are running and what version of IE or firefox.

    Even if this is a joke, its a pretty poor one

    Patricia - action please.

    What next, post a list of our phone numbers and sexual preferences??!!

    yet another example of a poor moderator on a power trip
    I think you can calm yourself sweety. Its a joke sig.

    Marijuana and Pats Bodyguard both have them at the mo. Its just a bit of fun.

    However if your offended I'm sure he'll be in touch with you and take it down.
    Escort of the Month and E-I Interview Blogs; http://www.escort-ireland.com/boards/blogs/ricflair/
    Marsha Miss April E-I 2012 http://www.escort-ireland.com/2f00ff...t-reviews.html

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dublin Fair City
    Posts
    8,660
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Moderators don't even have access to user IP info? However I will check into this allegation now.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    904
    Reviews
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RicFlair View Post
    I think you can calm yourself sweety. Its a joke sig.

    Marijuana and Pats Bodyguard both have them at the mo. Its just a bit of fun.

    However if your offended I'm sure he'll be in touch with you and take it down.
    Even if it is a joke Ric,

    its in pretty poor taste given recent events (the list??)

    This "tools" have no place here, even if they do say that no one else can see the info they return.
    How do we know what is really happening?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dublin Fair City
    Posts
    8,660
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Ok, this is what he's done, see:
    Danasoft IP and City Sign Widget - For Myspace Layouts and Backgrounds, Forum Signatures, Blogs

    Basically he has just added a link to his signature, just like anyone else could have (you don't have to be a moderator to do this), to this DanaSoft thing.

    It probably is a joke in bad taste if it is fooling people into thinking he has their IP, but to clarify BODYGUARD DOES NOT HAVE YOUR IP.

    Pat x

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina, USA.
    Posts
    1,859
    Blog Entries
    65
    Reviews
    35

    Unhappy Poor Baby Rory.

    Quote Originally Posted by roryman View Post
    Even if it is a joke Ric,

    its in pretty poor taste given recent events (the list??)

    This "tools" have no place here, even if they do say that no one else can see the info they return.
    How do we know what is really happening?
    True Darling it isn't a good joke. I'm sure he'll be in touch.
    Escort of the Month and E-I Interview Blogs; http://www.escort-ireland.com/boards/blogs/ricflair/
    Marsha Miss April E-I 2012 http://www.escort-ireland.com/2f00ff...t-reviews.html

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    in pats security locker
    Posts
    304

    Default Spoof!

    Yes, it only shows each viewer their own ip, no one else can see it, like a one way mirror. mari sent it earlier to me, i didnt freek! I checked out danisoft and it was totally harmless. sorry rory if you had kittens i just could,t wait until april fools day to catch you

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina, USA.
    Posts
    1,859
    Blog Entries
    65
    Reviews
    35

    Talking You see!!!

    Ok Rory now you can relax and stop throwing back shots of Tequila. The Gardai swat team won't be kicking your door in.
    Escort of the Month and E-I Interview Blogs; http://www.escort-ireland.com/boards/blogs/ricflair/
    Marsha Miss April E-I 2012 http://www.escort-ireland.com/2f00ff...t-reviews.html

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    904
    Reviews
    4

    Default

    Actually Pat, Ric etc.

    If you actually do some digging, you will see that many forums have banned it, because

    It DOES log your details, it is essentially a web bug, that allows attacks into your web site, etc etc

    But hey, far from being a baby Ric, which is a great way to answer someones concerns btw, if you are really that comfortable well done ha ha ha

    Personally I think anyone with common sense would ban them, and I certainly wouldnt expect a moderator to be posting it!

    Do not use DanaSoft, Photobucket or other web bugs as sigs or images.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina, USA.
    Posts
    1,859
    Blog Entries
    65
    Reviews
    35

    Smile Kisses

    Quote Originally Posted by roryman View Post
    Actually Pat, Ric etc.

    If you actually do some digging, you will see that many forums have banned it, because

    It DOES log your details, it is essentially a web bug, that allows attacks into your web site, etc etc

    But hey, far from being a baby Ric, which is a great way to answer someones concerns btw, if you are really that comfortable well done ha ha ha

    Personally I think anyone with common sense would ban them, and I certainly wouldnt expect a moderator to be posting it!

    Do not use DanaSoft, Photobucket or other web bugs as sigs or images.
    I meant that in a caring way Baby Rory. And yes that type of software joke stuff isn't suitable for the site.

    Kisses Ric xxx
    Escort of the Month and E-I Interview Blogs; http://www.escort-ireland.com/boards/blogs/ricflair/
    Marsha Miss April E-I 2012 http://www.escort-ireland.com/2f00ff...t-reviews.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •