Thread: Internet cookies and caches

Default Internet cookies and caches

Hi guys,

We have been getting some people contacting us reporting issues and getting the errors messages.
    Since we update the site quite regularly, you may need to deleted your internet cookie and caches.

To do this, first click on the top right corner on the 3 horizontal line (3 dots)
    Once there, select 'History'.

You then want to click on 'Clear browsing data', you will then see an option to click on boxes.
    You will need to select 3 boxes only.

Cookies and other site and plugin data
    Cached images and files
    Hosted app data

Once selected, clear browsing data at the bottom.
    And then you will need to go back to your profile in E-I, log out and then log back in again.

This should hopefully fix your problem.

Floki and co.

Reviews

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Floki View Post
    Since we update the site quite regularly, you may need to deleted your internet cookie and caches.

To do this, first click on the top right corner on the 3 horizontal line (3 dots)
    Sorry Floki — but where are these 3 horizontal line (3 dots)? I am guessing they are found on an OS different to MacOS

When I want to clear the caches in Safari on my Mac I use the "Empty caches" in the "Develop" dropdown menu.

The hidden Safari Developer menu can be used to clear just the cache, leaving cookies and the browser history in place. This is a very useful diagnostic step to take before commencing removal of those two items if a website behaves badly.

The Developer menu can be activated by opening the Preferences dialog, clicking the Advanced icon, then putting a tick alongside Show Develop Menu in Menu Bar (it's right at the bottom of the dialog). A new Develop menu option appears to the left of the Window and Help menu options. Close any open Safari windows, and select Empty Caches on the Develop menu. Following this, click File > New Window to start Safari with a clean cache.

To Delete Cookies and Saved Data on the Mac

1. Select Preferences from the Safari menu or hold down the Command key and the comma key at the same time (Command+,)

2. Go to the Privacy tab.

3. Click the Remove All Website Data button to remove all stored website data.

4. Click Remove Now to confirm. Note, as Safari warns you, this could log you out of sites and perhaps also change how they function. For example, instead of getting tailored ads on the site, you'll be served generic ones.
    —————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
    —————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Petros For This Useful Post:

Floki (27-10-16), Super ModeratorTheNightShift (27-10-16), TomEA (27-10-16)

Quote Originally Posted by Petros View Post
    Sorry Floki — but where are these 3 horizontal line (3 dots)? I am guessing they are found on an OS different to MacOS

When I want to clear the caches in Safari on my Mac I use the "Empty caches" in the "Develop" dropdown menu.

The hidden Safari Developer menu can be used to clear just the cache, leaving cookies and the browser history in place. This is a very useful diagnostic step to take before commencing removal of those two items if a website behaves badly.

The Developer menu can be activated by opening the Preferences dialog, clicking the Advanced icon, then putting a tick alongside Show Develop Menu in Menu Bar (it's right at the bottom of the dialog). A new Develop menu option appears to the left of the Window and Help menu options. Close any open Safari windows, and select Empty Caches on the Develop menu. Following this, click File > New Window to start Safari with a clean cache.

To Delete Cookies and Saved Data on the Mac

1. Select Preferences from the Safari menu or hold down the Command key and the comma key at the same time (Command+,)

2. Go to the Privacy tab.

3. Click the Remove All Website Data button to remove all stored website data.

4. Click Remove Now to confirm. Note, as Safari warns you, this could log you out of sites and perhaps also change how they function. For example, instead of getting tailored ads on the site, you'll be served generic ones.
    Ah yes, I did forget to mention that was for Google Chrome.
    Thanks for the update on the Safari.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Floki For This Useful Post:

Petros (27-10-16)

Reviews

Emptied/cleared everything in IE and problems persist
    And NO...im not gonna use chrome or safari instead !

Last edited by xagerate; 27-10-16 at 17:11.

Having recently lost the run of myself.....
    ....please indicate your level of satisfaction with this post as you exit.
    (All feedback is anonymous and used to improve your experience here)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

How do I do it on Netscape Navigator?