Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I can see what posts are deleted and I don't see any of the mods going on deleting sprees. Regards abusive messages in sigs, yes I removed one. Editing posts for spelling is a bit unneccesary if it is being done perhaps, but it isn't malicious. Power trips I don't see either. I know West went a bit crazy, he's a great guy, but obviously modding wasn't for him, but really I don't see where any of the current mods are going wrong.

I already know Ric lost his temper with NB3 the other day. He admitted that and said he knew he did it. Are we going to crusify mods for occassional small errors of judgement like this, or are we going to give them a break? I think they certainly deserve a break, especially when they are doing so good 99% of the time, and bear in mind it is not easy being a mod here.

Isn't this just whining from a minority? Aren't the majority of people pleased we now have a few extra pairs of eyes here, watching, so when things get out of hand like personal info gets posted, it gets taken down even quicker?

Well, I tell you what I will do that next week so.
have to take issue with you there Pat.

Basically what you are saying is, that 2 out of 4, or 50% of your mods "went a little crazy"
People are supposed to look to mods for guidance. And when they have a "small error of judgement", it sends out a very poor message and then shit stirring starts up again

Now, you yourself are human (I think!) but you never ever lost it like they did, nor did any of your other "official" mods.

And how are they being judged on being good?
The biggest disruption was Liz and since being banned, they has been no need to do very much really, as QPH says "this modding larks easy"
And it is if you clamp down quickly on trouble

If you are working 12 hours a day maintaining a website, something must be wrong!