Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Conor Cruise O'Brien

Reviews

Default Conor Cruise O'Brien

I have never before been moved to speak up for Conor because, as readers of this paper will recall, he was never shy about doing that himself. Yet the accuracy of this film has been raised, and by extension Conor's portrayal in it, and that simply won't do. Since he's no longer about to point out the obvious, I will: The Siege of Jadotville is a stirring account of outstanding heroism by Irish UN troops in Katanga; but, as far as Conor goes, it's a travesty.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/co...35096262.html4

As one of the shining lights of pluralism this country has ever seen I was very disappointed in the portrayal of this great man.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    I have never before been moved to speak up for Conor because, as readers of this paper will recall, he was never shy about doing that himself. Yet the accuracy of this film has been raised, and by extension Conor's portrayal in it, and that simply won't do. Since he's no longer about to point out the obvious, I will: The Siege of Jadotville is a stirring account of outstanding heroism by Irish UN troops in Katanga; but, as far as Conor goes, it's a travesty.

As one of the shining lights of pluralism this country has ever seen I was very disappointed in the portrayal of this great man.

Apart from the fact that he was an absolute cuntish prick, there was little of any benefit to his being on this earth.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justfrank44 For This Useful Post:

Bongo (03-10-16), joggon (04-10-16)

Is he Doc Love.
    Last edited by Bongo; 03-10-16 at 00:42.

Quote Originally Posted by justfrank44 View Post
    Apart from the fact that he was an absolute cuntish prick, there was little of any benefit to his being on this earth.
    + 1

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongo For This Useful Post:

joggon (04-10-16)

Reviews

I would expect noting less from you as he saw straight trough your SF/IRA buddy's when it was dangerous to do so.

Reviews

He was a walking contradiction
    Talk to the hero,s , who I have , who were left high and dry over there by him.
    Going to bed will talk more to you tomorrow about this

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

9. The Following User Says Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

irishdeltaforce (03-10-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    He was a walking contradiction
    Talk to the hero,s , who I have , who were left high and dry over there by him.
    Going to bed will talk more to you tomorrow about this
    I was yesterday in fact. Which prompted me to post this thread after a discussion about the Independant article.
    Last edited by irishdeltaforce; 03-10-16 at 03:19. Reason: Just looking for a discussion, not disrespecting anybody. God knows I respect military prowess above all else.

Reviews

I would expect noting less from you as he saw straight trough your SF/IRA buddy's when it was dangerous to do so.
    Now , you really are a one trick pony aren't you, your only response to anything I post is that same tired old repetitive nonsense. O' brien saw through nothing, he was about as Irish as Idi amin, must have really hated being born here.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to justfrank44 For This Useful Post:

Bongo (04-10-16)

Reviews

Now , you really are a one trick pony aren't you, your only response to anything I post is that same tired old repetitive nonsense. O' brien saw through nothing, he was about as Irish as Idi amin, must have really hated being born here.
    Lol. It's funny but sadly ironic that you mention a dictator when you are defending your old buddy, the head of the biggest murdering personality cult this county has ever seen. And you call me a "one trick pony"

Reviews

Lol. It's funny but sadly ironic that you mention a dictator when you are defending your old buddy, the head of the biggest murdering personality cult this county has ever seen. And you call me a "one trick pony"
    Well you did just prove my point again didn't you. And just to highlight that point, show me where I was defending anybody in my post, go on,

15. The Following User Says Thank You to justfrank44 For This Useful Post:

Bongo (04-10-16)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast