Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: British & Irish Lions

Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    You mean the coach ?
    Gatlands tactics are tailor made for NZ rugby
    I'm no fan of Gatland, but everybody else turned down the gig, to concentrate on their preparations for the next world cup. That's why I don't like seeing the likes of Eddie Jones having a pop at his tactics before a ball was kicked. When he's managed a lions tour, perhaps he can talk. It's got to be difficult dealing with that pool of talent and Egos and have them play a fluent system of Rugby, with very little preparation. I first Big one is one in over 2 week maybe things will click into place for that. CJ Standler but his name in the hat for the test side I felt.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

Reviews

what was Rory Best at, that last line out throw which could have possibly won the game was a shocker, he appears to be very poor when he playing for the lions, he can kiss his chances of playing in first test good bye after that, the two second rows played very well but we have no attacking threat,

3. Default

Too many welsh

Was an excellent game....Henshaw has a great game.

5. Default

Hope & expect the Lions will get thrashed.
    The Lions are an outdated concept at this stage - its only the nauseating coverage by Sky that keeps it going!

Another strong performance today for the lions. They have a bit of momentum now going into the first test
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    You really cant switch off for any length of time against the all blacks or u get punished. An uphill task to come back now.
    looks like there is no way back now unless we get a 7 pointer

Reviews

All in all, a black day for the Lions.
    Can they now regroup and salvage some pride on their next outing?

9. Default

Any thoughts on yesterday's game?

Thought Gatland should've taken Hendo and Best out at 55 mins to rest them for Saturday - both looked great. That said, despite his performance, Hendo's yellow card didn't help his chances and likely cost the Lions 2 tries.

This whole series though is showing me the main difference in Southenrn vs Northern Hempshere rugby: creativity. NZ players just seem to be able to think more quickly on their feet and adapt to the situation far more quickly. Those big wide-but-flat passes they do are a thing of beauty too - maintains the territory while still creating space.

This is gonna be a whitewash

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast