Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro 12

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    Some bad news for connacht, pat lam to leave at the end of the season. He done a great job there and will be a hard act to follow. Who will replace him.
    It's going to be a big call to replace him.
    We need to get this one right

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

2. The Following User Says Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

The D Man (05-12-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    It's going to be a big call to replace him.
    We need to get this one right
    For those outside Connacht this news came like a bolt out of the blue. Lam is doing a superb job.

Is there a story behind the scenes here. Yes nothing lasts forever however it seems he is leaving before time.

Without doubt Willie it will be very important to get the successor correct.

Sad day for Connacht.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to The D Man For This Useful Post:

willie wacker (05-12-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by The D Man View Post
    For those outside Connacht this news came like a bolt out of the blue. Lam is doing a superb job.

Is there a story behind the scenes here. Yes nothing lasts forever however it seems he is leaving before time.

Sad day for Connacht.
    It seems that a couple of players signed new contracts recently with the the view that Lam would be staying where he is.
    I'm pretty sure Bundee Aki turned down big offers to continue working with him. I'd say he is not happy right now.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AbidingPond For This Useful Post:

The D Man (05-12-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by The D Man View Post

Sad day for Connacht.
    A bolt out of the blue for us too. His family were very happy living in Galway , the happiest they have ever been , that came
    From the sons mouth and he was not going to go anywhere for the next 2 years until the youngest was finished school. I'd say he was thrown a contract he could not refuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbidingPond View Post
    It seems that a couple of players signed new contracts recently with the the view that Lam would be staying where he is.
    I'm pretty sure Bundee Aki turned down big offers to continue working with him. I'd say he is not happy right now.
    Correct , Aki was livid on twitter.we need to get a good coach to keep the players happy.
    I think pat is making a massive mistake

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

8. The Following User Says Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

The D Man (05-12-16)

Reviews

[QUOTE=willie wacker;1855259]A bolt out of the blue for us too. His family were very happy living in Galway , the happiest they have ever been , that came
    From the sons mouth and he was not going to go anywhere for the next 2 years until the youngest was finished school. I'd say he was thrown a contract he could not refuse.

In any of the interviews I saw or heard with Pat that is always the impression that I got too.

Bristol it seems have plenty of finance to throw around. However money never won anything on its own.

It is a strange decision to leave this early. I wish him the best of luck in the new role.

Imagine Connacht and Bristol being drawn in the same pool of the Champions Cup or Challenge Cup in the future. Then there would be some fun.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to The D Man For This Useful Post:

willie wacker (05-12-16)

11. Default

I think once the Irish gig was off the table his mind was made up

Reviews

Nigel Carolan is now the bookies favorite to take over the Connacht job. !!!!

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

The D Man (27-12-16)

Reviews

Connacht really missed Bundee Aki against Ulster. They looked so blunt in attack without him. It's only when a player is gone that you realise how important he is to the team.

He is out for a good while after surgery so they could have a tough period coming up.

Reviews

Connacht seem to have alot of injuries at the moment, they will have their work cut out to finish in the top six. I dont think they will. Does 7th or 8th get you a play off. Who will win between munster and leinster?
    Connacht have so many injuries at the moment. Their spirit is strong though. As for St. Stephen's Day it is I think going to be close. An extra 100 people added to a capacity crowd at Thomond. The momentum and fever for Munster is back in Munster again. I am going to go for a Munster narrow win.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to The D Man For This Useful Post:

Reviews

You were right d man, munster continue their good form and get a bonus point win. Thoroughly deserved win.

I had a feeling Ketchup that my province would win. The buzz is within the set-up and amongst the supporters. It was gone there for a while. The awful shame is that it had to take the death of the legend to bring it back. Didn't expect the victory margin to be that wide however the new management have brought a new freshness to the style.

Leinster need not be too be concerned they are going well. Cullen and Lancaster seem to be working well together.

Munster v Connacht in the Sportsground next up. Willie will be hoping for another big night and you cannot write Connacht off despite all the injuries.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to The D Man For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast