Quote Originally Posted by redforever View Post
    Have I been fecking banned again
    sh*t
    I knew I am forgetting something. LOL

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LuckyLu For This Useful Post:

Super ModeratorTheNightShift (04-09-16)

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLu View Post
    Good Morning Everyone!

It is not my intention to start a very long thread on how we Mods get everything wrong and how everything is not the way it used to be.
    Or how the old page was so much better etc etc.

Let the bygones be bygones. This is how it is. This is now.

I would like to tell you however that as much I have an extensive and wicked sense of humor and enjoy a good joke I am no longer prepared to tolerate trolls.
    Giving everyone a benefit of the doubt and letting them posts "funny" content brings no benefits to the community.
    For this reason few users got banned this morning.

Trolling as bullying can be very intimidating and is not a welcomed behaviour on the boards.
    I know you will tell me that I am turning into Sam, but something made Sam become Sam.
    Maybe the years of experience here?

Anyways, long story short, I am observing users and learning the way you post, collecting the information and building a picture.
    It all adds up or will at some point.

I have banned two users this morning, I might not be done yet.

Please try to make this place a nice space to interact with each other, I gave you free hand in posting but you clearly need closer guidance.

Have a lovely and relaxing Saturday and may the odds be ever in your favor.

Xxx
    Keep up the good work Lulu

I had a glance around and seen a fee members as banned and one or 2 others as Archived. Could you explain to me the difference in the two?
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

Reviews

Ass wiper is banned ???
    What did he do ?

I'm sorry I missed that.

How long will he be off?

Quote Originally Posted by bedders1 View Post
    Ive nothing to hide, i said I was coming out of retirement, and the mods are aware of who I am, I was roryman, when bigpaws and westside ruled the boards
    Welcome back Rory.

I'm sure there's a perfectly good explanation why you didn't want to use your previous account.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    Ass wiper is banned ???
    What did he do ?

I'm sorry I missed that.

How long will he be off?
    Are you satisfied, he had a meaningful contribution?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Best Before View Post
    Are you satisfied, he had a meaningful contribution?
    Do any of us?
    I didn't think he was a bad guy
    But then I think I miss all the "fun" at night
    Last edited by TonyB; 03-09-16 at 13:17.

Reviews

why are ye so interested in other members ? , i find the ladies way more interesting .
    Other opinions are allowed
    Age doesn't equal maturity - just look around !
    Unhappy ? press ignore user in settings

9. The Following User Says Thank You to joggon For This Useful Post:

Bongo (03-09-16)

Quote Originally Posted by Best Before View Post
    I had a glance around and seen a fee members as banned and one or 2 others as Archived. Could you explain to me the difference in the two?

hey,

Archiving a user is a fairly new option, as until recently we only could ban a user, when restricting someones access to the forums.
    That was the only provision if someone no longer wished to use the account and in order to close it, lock it and disable the access we had to change the status to "banned".
    It was somehow unfair on anyone who was not banned to show as if they were punished.

Archived is a new status for any users who no longer wish to use their account.
    It distinguishes the usernames no longer in use from the ones that we have banned.
    Although archived users normally are not expected to be back, they will be more than welcome back should they wish to return.

Having said that sometimes people just leave without asking us to disable the access to their accounts.

Banned users are users who misbehaved and their access to the forums has been restricted.
    It might be temporary or permanent.

Both statuses carry an important piece of information for other users.
    If you contact an archived / a banned user they will not be able to interact with you, reply to their PMs, etc.

Sometimes in the heat of the moment, we might chose the wrong option and "archive a user" for a week instead of banning him for a week. This is simply a human error.

I will remind my team how to archive / ban a user correctly.

Just in case you spotted someone who is archived instead of being banned please PM me with the name and I will have a look into it.

Thank you

L

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LuckyLu For This Useful Post:

Best Before (03-09-16), ilovepussy123 (03-09-16), Super ModeratorTheNightShift (05-09-16), TonyStark (03-09-16)

Reviews

Just in case you spotted someone who is archived instead of being banned please PM me with the name and I will have a look into it.

Thank you

L
    Not being smart but how are we to know if they should have been banned and not Archived???
    Someone might say that to you so as to try and get someone banned

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

hey,

Archiving a user is a fairly new option, as until recently we only could ban a user, when restricting someones access to the forums.
    That was the only provision if someone no longer wished to use the account and in order to close it, lock it and disable the access we had to change the status to "banned".
    It was somehow unfair on anyone who was not banned to show as if they were punished.

Archived is a new status for any users who no longer wish to use their account.
    It distinguishes the usernames no longer in use from the ones that we have banned.
    Although archived users normally are not expected to be back, they will be more than welcome back should they wish to return.

Having said that sometimes people just leave without asking us to disable the access to their accounts.

Banned users are users who misbehaved and their access to the forums has been restricted.
    It might be temporary or permanent.

Both statuses carry an important piece of information for other users.
    If you contact an archived / a banned user they will not be able to interact with you, reply to their PMs, etc.

Sometimes in the heat of the moment, we might chose the wrong option and "archive a user" for a week instead of banning him for a week. This is simply a human error.

I will remind my team how to archive / ban a user correctly.

Thank you

L
    PM sent

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Before For This Useful Post:

LuckyLu (03-09-16)

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast