Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: the long arm of the law

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,165

    Default the long arm of the law

    Just wanted to know what to do if stopped by the Guards while leaving the escorts apartment and If the questioning is getting a bit full on, whats are my rights?, Have I really the right to remain silent?
    Also someone told me to Make sure to get the officer's badge number so would it be ok to tell the Guard to smile while I take a photo of his badge number with my phone

    Howard

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,484
    Reviews
    196

    Default

    Unless you are suspected of a crime a Garda has no right to stop you.
    Ask him directly if he suspects you of committing a crime and if so exactly what that crime is.

    If not tell him you'll be on your way so, byeeee.

    There is no crime in the Republic of Ireland at the moment in visiting girls or paying for sex.
    Unless the girl is underage.

    I'm pretty sure all this is right, but please someone correct me if I'm wrong or left anything out.
    Last edited by TonyB; 25-08-16 at 10:07.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyb View Post
    unless you are suspected of a crime a garda has no right to stop you.
    Ask him directly if he suspects you of committing a crime and if so exactly what that crime is.

    If not tell him you'll be on your way so, byeeee.

    There is no crime in the republic of ireland at the moment in visiting girls or paying for sex.
    Unless the girl is underage.

    I'm pretty sure all this is right, but please someone correct me if i'm wrong or left anything out.
    thanks tony, is it legal to take a picture of the guard in question

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,484
    Reviews
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howardsteele View Post
    thanks tony, is it legal to take a picture of the guard in question
    I read some punk Garda took the phone from a person and arrested them for taking his picture.
    I think under a breach of the peace legislation.

    It went to court and the Judge ordered the phone was returned and it was thrown out.

    So yes I would, just make a mental note or write it down

    That happens me, I'll be straight up to the Park with my solicitor to make a complaint.

    This all said, despite incidents reported in the media, the Gardai are generally fine to deal with.
    I never got any shit from them ever, the odd one tried to annoy me, but they are only doing a job and have bad days like the rest of us.
    A smile goes a long way.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Galway
    Posts
    18,967
    Reviews
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howardsteele View Post
    thanks tony, is it legal to take a picture of the guard in question
    I think you should take he,s picture and then tell the judge why you took it , when your brought to court by the garda in question


    " WE ARE CONNACHT "

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    10,884
    Blog Entries
    1
    Reviews
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    I read some punk Garda took the phone from a person and arrested them for taking his picture.
    I think under a breach of the peace legislation.

    It went to court and the Judge ordered the phone was returned and it was thrown out.

    So yes I would, just make a mental note or write it down

    That happens me, I'll be straight up to the Park with my solicitor to make a complaint.

    This all said, despite incidents reported in the media, the Gardai are generally fine to deal with.
    I never got any shit from them ever, the odd one tried to annoy me, but they are only doing a job and have bad days like the rest of us.
    A smile goes a long way.
    nice, "heres you phone " "...now give me back that phone..." *bailif throws phone down steps of court house onto street*

    ..at first the pleintif was like
    ...then he was like


  7. Default

    They can ask you anything they want. and it is illegal to purchase sex from someone who is a victim of human trafficking so if they suspect that the lady in question is a victim then yeah they can most definately have a go off you. And are you really going to go out of your way and try to wind him up smile nod and walk on don't be an eejit and try to take his picture you'd flip if they did that to you

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,484
    Reviews
    196

    Default

    How to get beaten to death by the Gardai

    http://www.indymedia.ie/article/82108

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    521
    Reviews
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hungrylicker View Post
    They can ask you anything they want. and it is illegal to purchase sex from someone who is a victim of human trafficking so if they suspect that the lady in question is a victim then yeah they can most definately have a go off you. And are you really going to go out of your way and try to wind him up smile nod and walk on don't be an eejit and try to take his picture you'd flip if they did that to you
    others have asked if they have the right to look through your phone and other belongings, glovebox in the car

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,484
    Reviews
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zander View Post
    others have asked if they have the right to look through your phone and other belongings, glovebox in the car
    If you read the article above it states they don't except under certain circumstances.
    I remember being stopped with a barrister years ago. The Gardai asked their usual questions and the barrister tore them a second arse.
    Unfortunately I'm not a barrister so they'd probably beat me to death.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •