Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Job Interview Stories

  1. #1

    Default Job Interview Stories

    I had a job interview today and I actually feel that it went really well and it made me think of all the bad interviews I've given.

    I pulled an amazingly cringe worthy move in my very first interview.

    I was only 17 and thought I was just the dogs bollocks and didn't do any real preparation so it was not going well anyway and then this happened.

    The interviewer asked “Do you have any convictions?.”

    I sat there and thought about it for a few seconds and then I said “Well, yes I do.”

    The interviewer just stared at me with his mouth hanging open. I thought he meant convictions as in “firmly held beliefs” as opposed to “convicted of a crime”.

    The confusion was cleared up and it took a lot of self control to stop myself from face palming right there.

    Well we awkwardly laughed about it....and then I didn’t get the job.

    Looking back now I can’t believe how stupid I was.

    What job interview horror stories have you got?

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AbidingPond For This Useful Post:

    eilogin (05-08-16), Nicolle (05-08-16), Super ModeratorTheNightShift (05-08-16)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    780
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AbidingPond View Post
    I had a job interview today and I actually feel that it went really well and it made me think of all the bad interviews I've given.

    I pulled an amazingly cringe worthy move in my very first interview.

    I was only 17 and thought I was just the dogs bollocks and didn't do any real preparation so it was not going well anyway and then this happened.

    The interviewer asked “Do you have any convictions?.”

    I sat there and thought about it for a few seconds and then I said “Well, yes I do.”

    The interviewer just stared at me with his mouth hanging open. I thought he meant convictions as in “firmly held beliefs” as opposed to “convicted of a crime”.

    The confusion was cleared up and it took a lot of self control to stop myself from face palming right there.

    Well we awkwardly laughed about it....and then I didn’t get the job.

    Looking back now I can’t believe how stupid I was.

    What job interview horror stories have you got?
    you weren't stupid you just believed in the good in man kind... that says a lot about a men... associating some words with the normal meaning of them and not thinking of the other (bad) meaning of the word..
    Women are made to be loved, not understood.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    On the rivet
    Posts
    608

    Default

    One time, i ran into a problem where the sole came straight off one of the shoes that i was wearing when leaving the interview room. What could i do but pick it up, put it into my pocket then start laughing like a maniac as i left the building and travelled home.

    Ps, I do not usually wear black shoes so i picked out a pair that were sitting in the closet the day before and gave them a polish for the next day.
    Life is for living. If you obey all the rules, you’ll miss all the fun

  5. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicolle View Post
    you weren't stupid you just believed in the good in man kind... that says a lot about a men... associating some words with the normal meaning of them and not thinking of the other (bad) meaning of the word..
    aww thanks not sure I believe that though.

    Do you not have a story?

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Limbo
    Posts
    628
    Reviews
    23

    Default

    I've never sat an interview. Is that weird?
    Something or other

  7. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lol brb View Post
    I've never sat an interview. Is that weird?
    uh yeah, How?

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Up to my knees in it
    Posts
    6,051
    Blog Entries
    5
    Reviews
    43

    Default

    I was living in London at the time. The first interview for a really good job that i really wanted went well and they asked me back to meet the CEO and higher people in the company for a 'chat'. Two days before the meeting i came down with horrendous food poisoning. Instead of doing the sensible thing and ph and rearrange it, i decided to go. I could hardly walk straight and after taking the tube across most of London i was almost delusional and sweating like a pig. When i got there i shot into the jacks and threw up everywhere. When i got called into the room , i could hardly stand, sweat was running off me and i probably smelled of vomit and could hardly string two words together and again thought it was best not to tell them i was ill !
    Feck knows what they thought.
    I didnt get the job !

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to mellors For This Useful Post:

    Super ModeratorTheNightShift (05-08-16)

  10. #8
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bedrock
    Posts
    10,579
    Reviews
    47

    Default

    Went to Dublin for a job interview and as usual I was running late, almost crashed the car trying to find a parking space. Anyway my interview was at 3pm & I arrived a minute or two late. Made my apologies with the lady at reception and gave her my name. She began searching and searching for my name and eventually said "Mr Rubble, your interview was for 3 pm yesterday. Felt like such a dick but I did go to the rescheduled interview the following week. Needless to say I didn't get the job !!

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Limbo
    Posts
    628
    Reviews
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AbidingPond View Post
    uh yeah, How?
    I've either been working for myself or on the odd occasion I've been asked to collaborate on a project.
    Something or other

  12. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lol brb View Post
    I've either been working for myself or on the odd occasion I've been asked to collaborate on a project.
    ah an entrepreneur, fair play to you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •