Page 17 of 74 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 2016/2017

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Best Before View Post
    At Porto he won a champions league with a hard work and getting the best out of his players. When he went to Chelsea (the first time!!) he was given a open blank cheque book. He did well in his first 3 years but as soon as things weren't going to plan he abandoned ship, much like he did last year at Chelsea. The writing was on the wall after the first game where he draw with Everton and had the fight with the doctor over something as innocuous, as her doing her job. She got sacked for no reason and his position became so untenable, he had to be paid off to leave.
    Now lets move on 12 months and he's with United ones of the best clubs in the world that Alex Ferguson ( a truly great Manager) has built up single handily. He's criticised, his players, refs, Pitches and being sent off 2 or 3 times in about 4 Months. Not the things a Great Manager are know for!!
    I would love if I followed a premiership team who were looking for success to hire a Manager that has won leagues in 4 different Countries.
    I am not saying he is a nice person as he is an arrogant prick in my eyes but call a spade a spade he is a Top class Manager. He is at Utd a few
    months and has bought in 4 players who have Improved the team and when he sells off a few of Moyes and Van Galls over hyped signings and brings
    in a few more class players you will see him win a title at Utd within 3 yrs . you must remember Ferguson is gone with 3 seasons and what have the last
    two managers done?. Just because Managers get an open Cheque book doesn't mean you can buy Titles and Liverpool have spent a lot of money in recent
    years as have Man City and don't see much Success apart from city winning one League Title.

Quote Originally Posted by blue rebel View Post
    I would love if I followed a premiership team who were looking for success to hire a Manager that has won leagues in 4 different Countries.
    I am not saying he is a nice person as he is an arrogant prick in my eyes but call a spade a spade he is a Top class Manager. He is at Utd a few
    months and has bought in 4 players who have Improved the team and when he sells off a few of Moyes and Van Galls over hyped signings and brings
    in a few more class players you will see him win a title at Utd within 3 yrs . you must remember Ferguson is gone with 3 seasons and what have the last
    two managers done?. Just because Managers get an open Cheque book doesn't mean you can buy Titles and Liverpool have spent a lot of money in recent
    years as have Man City and don't see much Success apart from city winning one League Title.
    I suppose we will know more in 12 months time. For me I would rather Klopp over an ego maniac like Jose any day of the week.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Best Before View Post
    I suppose we will know more in 12 months time. For me I would rather Klopp over an ego maniac like Jose any day of the week.
    I like Klopp and he is doing a good job so far but its all about trophies at the end of the day and my point to you or anyone is
    that Mourinho even at a young age is up there with the best Managers of all time like him or not. Dundalk just gone down 1-0

4. Default

Will irish teams ever advance in europe.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by razorblade View Post
    Will irish teams ever advance in europe.
    You could say that they actually did advance this year with Dundalk making the Group Stages. The problem with LOI is
    when they have any half decent footballer they are going to be snapped up by English Clubs .

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    Will the top 4 all win this weekend? I think they will, but i don't always be right. Big game at the bottom swansea v sunderland. Away win? Any opinions.
    On paper the top 4 should all win but the one good thing I can say about the premiership is that there are no easy games,
    look last week at Bournmouth coming from 2 down to beat a team that were showing great form all season, Chelsea wont
    get it easy against a resurgent West Brom but you wouldn't back against them, same story Arsenal against a hard to beat Stoke,
    Leicester are heading for the Championship the way they are playing so City should be too strong for them, and Liverpool should be
    too strong for an out of form West Ham. Game of the week on Monday Spurs v Utd and id fancy this to be a draw. Swansea and Sunderland
    is a huge game for both clubs but on recent form you would go with Sunderland.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to blue rebel For This Useful Post:

Chelsea 1 - West 0 great goal from Costa

9. Default

Chelsea good run away with the league.

Reviews

United beat Spurs 1 - 0

At least it is not another draw.

Quote Originally Posted by The D Man View Post
    United beat Spurs 1 - 0

At least it is not another draw.
    Finally but still playing shit

Page 17 of 74 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast