Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: General UFC thread

Quote Originally Posted by TomEA View Post
    Much as he has had the piss taken out of his recently, Punk got a cool 500k for that fight and some props as well.
    Easy money apart from he got his face messed up and a terrible cauliflower ear.

I cant remember if any body shots where landed but he will be sore for a while thats for sure.
    He did go on a bit after the fight when he was being interviewed.
    To be honest it was not a fight i was excited about, i was like 12 when i stopped watching wrestling.
    It was WWF when i was young not WWE.

Quote Originally Posted by jackgc View Post
    cm punk did well they need to get a guy that will stand toe to toe with him see how he gets on
    Not a fight i would be interested in but some might.
    I dont think he is the goat for a big money event after that performance.
    Maybe a UFC fight night event or a prelim bout.
    For a wrestler his skills on the ground where little to none.
    He was helpless.

It kind of reminded me of dominick cruz fighting that nut who thought he was a ninja.

Last edited by Bongo; 16-09-16 at 23:14.

Ba ha ha ha. Roy Nelson kicked ref Big John Mccarthy up the arse after his knock out win at UFC Fight Night 95 in Brasil.
    Fair dues, The fight should have been stopped early.

Default Fight on ufc

Mc grgrgor will beat Diaz again over and over

Cmpunk vs cereonee would be the bizz

Default Eddie Alvarez to defend lightweight belt vs. Conor McGregor at UFC 205 in New York.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/09/conor-m...-205-headliner
    One of the most monumental fight cards in UFC history will have a monumental main event. UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor will attempt to add lightweight gold to his collection when he challenges Eddie Alvarez in the UFC 205 headliner, which marks the organization’s return to New York after more than 21 years.

UFC officials tonight confirmed the matchup. Twitter user @TalkMMA was first to report the news.

UFC 205 takes place Nov. 12 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FS1 and UFC Fight Pass.

Alvarez (28-4 MMA, 3-1 UFC) vs. McGregor (20-3 MMA, 8-1 UFC) marks the third championship fight slated for the UFC 205 lineup. Welterweight titleholder Tyron Woodley meets Stephen Thompson, and strawweight champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk faces Polish countrymate Karolina Kowalkiewicz.

Immediately after capturing the 155-pound strap with a first-round TKO of Rafael dos Anjos at UFC Fight Night 90 in December, Alvarez, No. 1 in the latest USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA lightweight rankings, set his sights on “The Notorious,” calling him a “gimme fight” after starting his UFC tenure with consecutive matchups against dos Anjos, Anthony Pettis, Gilbert Melendez and Donald Cerrone.

“This guy (dos Anjos) to the right of me, is the best in the division,” Alvarez said at UFC Fight Night 90’s post-fight news conference. “To be able to come out with a win over him and before him was (Anthony) Pettis, before him was Gilbert (Melendez), these are the best guys in the division. I’m not taking on top-15 guys. I would ask Dana White please to give me an easier fight like Conor McGregor. I deserve that. I’ve been fighting the best guys. I would like a gimme fight. So, Conor? I more than welcome that.”

It was unknown if Alvarez would get his wish, particularly because the promotion recently stated he would likely put his belt on the line against No. 2-ranked Khabib Nurmagomedov at December’s UFC 206 event in Toronto. That obviously didn’t come to fruition, however, and Nurmagomedov expressed his frustration on social media (via Twitter).

UFC 205 Press Conference

A conor mcgregor fan sends press conference into meltdown.

http://metro.co.uk/video/a-conor-mcg.../?ito=vjs-link

8. Default

UFC 205 looks a stellar card like

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmckk View Post
    UFC 205 looks a stellar card like
    Yes i am very tempted to go.
    The card is awesome.

Official fight card
    Fight Card
    Weight class Method Round Time Notes
    Lightweight Eddie Alvarez (c) vs. Conor McGregor [a]
    Welterweight Tyron Woodley (c) vs. Stephen Thompson [b]
    Women's Strawweight Joanna Jędrzejczyk (c) vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz [c]
    Middleweight Chris Weidman vs. Yoel Romero
    Welterweight Donald Cerrone vs. Kelvin Gastelum
    Lightweight Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Michael Johnson
    Featherweight Frankie Edgar vs. Jeremy Stephens
    Middleweight Tim Kennedy vs. Rashad Evans
    Women's Bantamweight Miesha Tate vs. Raquel Pennington
    Middleweight Tim Boetsch vs. Rafael Natal
    Lightweight Jim Miller vs. Thiago Alves
    Welterweight Lyman Good vs. Belal Muhammad
    Women's Bantamweight Liz Carmouche vs. Katlyn Chookagian

Never been to madison square garden.
    Have only been to NYC once when i was younger.
    The 1st thing i would do would be to cross the road and shout at the cars "Hey Hey I'm walking here, You bustin my balls here" in a Yankee accent

10. Default

C'mon mcgregor

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cathal1999 For This Useful Post:

Bongo (01-10-16)

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast