Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: General UFC thread

Don't think cutting weight twice had anything to do with it. If that had been the case he wouldn't have been able to take the shots he did. The best guy won, plain and simple. Tony will be back. Still think he would beat Khabib.

Quote Originally Posted by jre679 View Post
    Don't think cutting weight twice had anything to do with it. If that had been the case he wouldn't have been able to take the shots he did. The best guy won, plain and simple. Tony will be back. Still think he would beat Khabib.
    Tony in that fight defo wasn’t himself for whatever reason and Justin with his standup would be some exciting fight for Connor, khabib is just a different animal and boring in his ground game..

Quote Originally Posted by Corsasport View Post
    Tony in that fight defo wasn’t himself for whatever reason and Justin with his standup would be some exciting fight for Connor, khabib is just a different animal and boring in his ground game..
    Maybe he didn't look himself because he got hit with big shots and got slower as a result? Justin basically countered everything Tony threw and neutralised him. The longer the fight went on the worse Tony got. I don't buy the excuses. You could say the same about everyone of Khabib's opponents. Nope, they were made to look like they were having an off night by the better fighter.

I think Justin still wants the Conor fight (who wouldn't?) Shame the interim belt was involved and the Justin/Khabib fight has to be made. Hard not to see Justin being neutralised as well. I have no idea who Conor fights next?

Connor is way more complete now than when he last fought nate so maybe no 3 is on the cards, I think Jorge is a little to big for Connor but Justin or Tony would be way better match ups for Connor than khabib again

Quote Originally Posted by Corsasport View Post
    Connor is way more complete now than when he last fought nate so maybe no 3 is on the cards, I think Jorge is a little to big for Connor but Justin or Tony would be way better match ups for Connor than khabib again
    Khabib fight will happen again. Just a matter of who he fights in July to get the shot. Tony has a broken orbital bone and will be out for some time. Most likely be Dustin Poirier.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213