Hi everyone,

Longtime user, first-time poster. I was in an awkward situation this evening and I want to post about it because I think it’s important.

I made an appointment to meet a girl tonight at eight. I won’t name the girl, the name doesn’t matter. I rang her an hour ahead of time, made the appointment and she texted on the address. Great.

I went to the address for eight and rang again. She answered, and said she’d text on the house number. And then I got concerned.

I texted her a shit cancellation excuse and got an angry text back, which is fine. The excuse was shit. I’d be angry too. The real reason I cancelled is because I was worried that the girl I’d meet wouldn’t be the girl I’d been talking to on the phone.

That happened me once before and I hated it. I had no idea if the girl wanted to be there or not, and that isn’t right.

So I backed out. If you’re the girl in question and I’ve misjudged your situation, I’m very sorry. This is my real reason. I know it’s a pain for girls when people make hoax appointments, or don’t show up, or mess around like that. But if the situation repeated I’d do what I did again, rather than go through with an experience that I had doubts about. I’m interested in other people’s thoughts on this.