Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Chromecast!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    wexford
    Posts
    123
    Reviews
    8

    Default Chromecast!

    Since my tablet kept falling flat on my face at night while watching my usual tv shows or movies I decided to invest in one of these bad boys and it's made my experience so much better.

    Honestly I dont know why I didn't buy one earlier, I can stream live sports and all my usual tv stuff straight to my TV while in bed relaxing.

    If you have considered buying one but haven't done it yet I suggest go out and buy one.

    https://www.google.com/intl/en_ie/ch...Felz2wodVoMHXA

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Budfox For This Useful Post:

    IrishDaisie69 (03-07-16)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    10,884
    Blog Entries
    1
    Reviews
    10

    Default

    can you only cast certain content thats approved by whavever app to it though or can you say download something to phone from anywhere on the net and 'cast' it to the tv, or is it more you can watch all these but not these and only from *this* source
    in other words or to simplify...is it a bit like say netflix which you can plug in to your tv and watch it there...and if it isnt on netflix say then you cant.


  4. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    wexford
    Posts
    123
    Reviews
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by funlover12 View Post
    can you only cast certain content thats approved by whavever app to it though or can you say download something to phone from anywhere on the net and 'cast' it to the tv, or is it more you can watch all these but not these and only from *this* source
    in other words or to simplify...is it a bit like say netflix which you can plug in to your tv and watch it there...and if it isnt on netflix say then you cant.
    There is an app you can get called Allcast which means you can most stuff. I don't have Netflix as everything is free online any way so I think it's pointless.

    So far I haven't needed to use it as the websites I stream from all have Chromecast support.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,304
    Reviews
    10

    Default

    i watched oitnb on netflix using chromecast to television , very satisfactory . also have an android box which i never use , definitely chromecast suits me better .
    wow i cant believe the titanic sunk and the people filming it didnít even stop to help.
    There''s no need to send me a pm if you disagree with a post !


  6. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    10,884
    Blog Entries
    1
    Reviews
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Budfox View Post
    There is an app you can get called Allcast which means you can most stuff. I don't have Netflix as everything is free online any way so I think it's pointless.

    So far I haven't needed to use it as the websites I stream from all have Chromecast support.
    are we talking sites like 'stuff you would put in your locker' sites? and how do we know if chromecast is supported by a site? does it actually say it or you just mean it works with a certain site?


  7. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    wexford
    Posts
    123
    Reviews
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by funlover12 View Post
    are we talking sites like 'stuff you would put in your locker' sites? and how do we know if chromecast is supported by a site? does it actually say it or you just mean it works with a certain site?
    The video player is normally compatible with chromecast. Once you have the Chromecast app downloaded it can be played on most video players.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Budfox For This Useful Post:

    funlover12 (03-07-16)

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Up to my knees in it
    Posts
    6,051
    Blog Entries
    5
    Reviews
    43

    Default

    Slightly of topic..im not a tech head..is it me or is it very limited what you can access and do on this site when just using phone compared with laptop ?

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to mellors For This Useful Post:

    IrishDaisie69 (03-07-16)

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    10,884
    Blog Entries
    1
    Reviews
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mellors View Post
    Slightly of topic..im not a tech head..is it me or is it very limited what you can access and do on this site when just using phone compared with laptop ?
    phones are restricted by data youve bought wheras a laptop on a house connection is not
    data speeds will be slow on a phone and used up very quickly compared so youll have to buy more data more often
    what has that got to do ŵith anything? well more basic the site you download on your mobile the faster it arrives and the more often you can do it and the less youll have to top up or get billed for it, so its in your interest to have a basic mobile site for those reasons. If you want a desktop site on the move then get a tablet (thats like a larger phone but smaller and lighter than a laptop)

    also you may be unaware of the 'button' in the top right hand corner that looks like 3 white horizontal bars one ontop of the other, click that and you have alot more fucntions you can do like the normal site
    Last edited by funlover12; 03-07-16 at 17:37.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •