Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Champions Cup (Rugby) Draw 16/17

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    Big game for munster on saturday, it will be tough going back there after what happened the last time . The result may also depend on what attitude racing have for the game, they are out of the competition and may have more heed on top 14. I think munster may just get a win. Good luck to them.
    Yes Ketchup it is an emotional weekend for Munster. Carter on the bench for Racing. I am sure O'Gara will have them up for the game. Their concentration is likely to be on the Top 14. It will be difficult however I think Munster will be ahead at the final whistle.

Wonderful gesture by the Racing Fans to have the Munster fans stay in their homes. Also both sides will be welcomed to the stadium by a mix of both supporters.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to The D Man For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Totally dominant first half by munster and the scoreboard reflects it. Axel would be happy with that. Only thing now is to pick up the bonus point. Hopefully they will do that.
    Superb display by the lads. Didn't think it would be that one sided. They really turned on the style. Bonus point secured. There was a fantastic atmosphere outside the stadium with both sets of fans having great craic. Limerick in 2 weeks will be a party for both sets of fans.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to The D Man For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Make or break time for alot of teams this weekend. Leinster should get revenge for their earlier group defeat, despite all their injuries ile go for connacht to get a bonus point win. I think ulster might loose. Munster have a tough away game but they are in great form, glasgow need the win more and they may just get it. Also wasps v toulouse should be a great game. Wasps to win, but will toulouse get any bonus point?
    Another French side fail to turn up for an away game. Well done to Leinster. Connacht to win and they need the bonus point which I think they will get.

Glasgow will be going all out for the win however I think Munster will be ahead at the final whistle. Really looking foward to seeing the lads in this one. Win this one and it could be a very good second half to the season.

Ulster will find it difficult away to Exeter who are flying in the Premiership. Ulster will need to be alot better than their recent matches to win. Exeter at home for me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to The D Man For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Big win for Connacht though admittedly against the worst side in the competition.

If they can get all their injured players back fit and firing I think they can beat any team.

I think Munster will lose but get a bonus point. Glasgow are in good form and on their home patch but we'll see anything can happen.

Reviews

D man was right, munster are ahead at the final whistle. Great win for them, its not easy go there and win, the transformation in their season is almost unbelievable. A bit surprised glasgow didnt go for the drop goal near the end.

Massive win for the lads seen as though they were under so much pressure. Glasgow threw the kitchen sink at them. Should have gone for the drop goal definitely. Confidence is one thing but being practical and winning are another. The transformation has been huge alright however having key players available and not injured is a big help.

Easy win for Connacht. All focus now on Toulouse for them. Racing hammer Leicester. What a difference 12-14 months make. Munster on the floor this time last year when Leicester were riding high. The complete reverse this year.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to The D Man For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Still a few places up for grabs and home quarter finals to be sorted. I think clermont, munster and leinster will all win and get home qfs. Will saracens win and get the other home qf or will toulon beat them and wasps get it? Connacht lead their group at the moment but will they finish in 3rd place. They have players back from injury but i think they will just miss out. Good luck to them, i hope they make it.
    I really don't think Connacht will win. They have actually run out fly halfs so they had to play a scrum half there last week.
    They got away with it against Zebre but Toulouse are another animal entirely. I think they will expose that vulnerability.

I'll go for Munster and Leinster to win and get their home quarters.

I don't know what to think of Ulster. They have nothing to play for but there should be a reaction from losing last week. At least there had better be, they are paid a lot of money to play this game and this run of results recently is really not good enough.

Reviews

Tough game for leinster tonight but they get a draw, that should be enough to get them a home qf. Johnny off injured again , when was the last time he played a full game for club or country.
    A draw was probably fair. Leinster didn't really deserve a win. A huge amount mistakes and missed opportunities but it was still an entertaining game.

They should have a home quarter now, It's really unlikely that they will be pushed out of the top 4. It was a bit bizarre though that Gibson Park just kicked it out rather than backing themselves and going for the win.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AbidingPond For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Tough game for leinster tonight but they get a draw, that should be enough to get them a home qf. Johnny off injured again , when was the last time he played a full game for club or country.
    Yep should be enough. Connaught need a bonus point win against Toulouse & something like 60 point winning margin.

Reviews

Castres were never going to be a pushover. Too many missed opportunities for Leinster. Very strange decision at the end to kick dead. You would hope that it is a decision they don't live to regret. Could Johnny's career be over?

Racing will not roll over as nicely as did in Paris. Last week against admittely a very poor Leicester they showed flashes of last seasons form. However Munster at home in Thomond and the vast majority of the 26,200 out in force they will win. Would not be surprised if they go for a try bonus point by the end of the game.

We have learned from the recent past to not write off Connacht. They seem to have these winning massive games on a more frequent basis now. It is a difficult ask however I am going to go for Connacht to sneak it. It will probably be very tense though.

Has Ulster's season exploded in a disastrous way? The old cliches of pride, passion and playing for the jersey need to be shown by them.

Reviews

Yes well done munster, they would have taken that at the start of the group and as u say they will fancy their chances to win the home qf. Lets hope all their players get through the 6 nations unscathed. A very dissapointing result for ulster today. They had a poor campaign and will be very dissapointed.
    Looks like a home QF against Wasps
    could be Leinster V Connacht

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast