Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Champions Cup (Rugby) Draw 16/17

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    I think it will depend on how connacht get on tomorrow, if they win then u could be right, if they loose then it might be leinster who have to play wasps. Time will tell.

Thats right Ketchup it all depends on tomorrow. Good win for Munster earlier. As I said before what a difference 12 months makes. Hopefully all the lads escape injury during the 6 Nations and we can give the quarter final a good lash.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to The D Man For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Disappointing for Connacht. They put up a good fight in the end but just weren't good enough on the day. Too many mistakes.

They may not even be in the competition next year as they are in 8th place in the pro 12 and are well adrift of the 6th placed team.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AbidingPond For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quarter Final Line up.

Clermont v Toulon, winner will play Leinster or wasps in semi.

Munster v Toulouse, winner will play Saracens or Glasgow in semi.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cortez For This Useful Post:

blue rebel (22-01-17)

Reviews

Ya hard luck connacht, they kept battling until the end. So near but yet so far away. Toulouse bonus points away to wasps and connacht proved vital. No consolation for them but 4 wins and 18 pts was a good total.
    Yes, they were very unlucky, I wondered should they have gone for the drop with 10 minutes to go but they would have needed to run down the clock also. Even in the final play they could have had a penalty for the bp.

Reviews

Four good qfs in prospect and home advantage could prove crucial. Also alot could depend on how players come back from the 6 nations, hopefully injury free. Its hard to pick a winner at this stage.
    Home advantage is a massive bonus at this stage, I think munster and Clermont will get home semis if they progress but Thomand will be too small.

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
    Home advantage is a massive bonus at this stage, I think munster and Clermont will get home semis if they progress but Thomand will be too small.
    Clermont look unstoppable at this stage, but they have done in the past too only to choke in knockouts - every game is a cup final now so we will have to wait and see if history will repeat itself.
    Nothing between the other 7 - some classic games ahead!!!
    Munster abu!!!

Reviews

The home country advantage for the semi finals is a bit complicated, if leinster win their qf they will have an away semi final, but if wasps beat leinster then the semi final will be in england.
    It is needlessly complicated system. Why don't they just have the team that was ranked higher in the last eight get the home advantage in the semi final.

Reviews

Any predictions for the quarter finals. Rob kearney and heaslip injured, not sure how connor murray is. As said home advantage is usually crucial. I think munster and saracens to win. Clermont have a brilliant home record but they always seem to be the nearly team. They may just get the better of toulon. Leinster wasps could be the game of the weekend and if there is to be an away win then it could be here. Ile go for wasps to win a close game.
    I will go for Munster Leinster Saracens and Toulon to win their matches.
    The Truth is out there.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to westcorklad For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Any predictions for the quarter finals. Rob kearney and heaslip injured, not sure how connor murray is. As said home advantage is usually crucial. I think munster and saracens to win. Clermont have a brilliant home record but they always seem to be the nearly team. They may just get the better of toulon. Leinster wasps could be the game of the weekend and if there is to be an away win then it could be here. Ile go for wasps to win a close game.
    Murray in for Munster. Hopefully he can last the full match. Alot of teams get intimidated when they come to Thomond. Munster to win.

Wasps can have a shaky defence at times. This is a game that will test Leinster and where they are at. Will be a close game and I am thinking Wasps to edge it.

Glasgow could upset Saracens. They will relish the challenge. As for the Clermont and Toulon game either side could win.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to The D Man For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Well done munster, back in another semi final. A big win in the finish. Lets hope that o mahony, stander and connor murray are all fit for the semi final as they will need them no matter who they play. And good luck to them in that semi final.
    Thought Zebo had a great game at full back.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast