Thread: A trolling question for LuckyLu...................

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLu View Post
    OK,

I have put the following request for the IT, my colleague who it the Top Master in the forums area told me this this should be achievable, (considering his current workload), within, let's say a week?

The aim: to limit the trolling on the website and the 10 posts rush by the newly registered users only.
    The proposal: To set up a formula on the forums, that if your number of post < 11 (0 to 10) the first 10 posts need to be approved before publishing by a moderator.
    But once somebody has posted 10 times, becomes a Registered User and can posts freely, which means that post 11 and + will appear with no delays.

TA DA!
    While you have a sympathetic ear of your IT colleague, I think that formula could be reworked to lessen the workload of wading through everybodys first posts.
    What if the formula is written that posts from a new user need to be approved if reported.
    I also think its possible to make use of the reputation points system. Its very easy for a few of us to put a new user into negative rep, if a formula was written to limit the posts of a user with negative rep I think we can solve this problem.
    To anyone that doesn't like me here.
    I hope you need to pee 3 times tonight, but that you only wake up twice.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to philipkntz For This Useful Post:

Danny2011 (09-06-16)