Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bulls

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alcatel View Post
    You eat food, probably consuming products with palm oil.
    You wear clothes, possibly cotton.
    Palm oil plantations and industrial cotton production are not environmentally friendly nor is all the transportation to deliver products from all over the world to us.
    I said through farming my dear but the transportation issue can easily be reduced by eating locally grown produce. Voila!
    Im busy packing but will happily debate later xxx

My Milkshake Brings All The Boys To The Yard

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lactatinglucy View Post
    I said through farming my dear but the transportation issue can easily be reduced by eating locally grown produce. Voila!
    Have you a leather suitcase? (my bad)

Reviews

Good call but no....
    It means I dont contribute to the animal farming industry or the destruction of our planet through farming. I'm an old romatic at heart and just want the bull and his chosen cow to live happily ever after.
    lucy, i would definitely stop drinking cows milk if more and more women started to offer more breast milk, its easily digested and better for you and nipples feel better in the mouth than teats do anyway, save the planet,
    Last edited by hadaway; 29-05-16 at 13:13.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hadaway View Post
    lucy, i would definitely stop drinking cows milk if more and more women started to offer more breast milk, its easily digested and better for you and nipples feel better in the mouth than teats do anyway, save the planet,
    You're in the wrong country for this! Ireland has the lowest rates of breastfeeding in Europe!

Reviews

You're in the wrong country for this! Ireland has the lowest rates of breastfeeding in Europe!

and don't i know it lucy but i'm kind of stuck here, got my chickens here to look after

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hadaway View Post
    and don't i know it lucy but i'm kind of stuck here, got my chickens here to look after
    And your missing marbles to find.....

Reviews

Sadly, Lucy, I have been drinking the Devil's buttermilk but lait it all be bygones.
    I am semi-skimmed for a generation.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

Reviews

Good call but no....
    It means I dont contribute to the animal farming industry or the destruction of our planet through farming. I'm an old romatic at heart and just want the bull and his chosen cow to live happily ever after.
    But if we all go vegan, farmland would be turned over to producing plants. The bull and cow won't even exist. Breeding cows, and particularly bulls actually lead a fairly pampered life.
    My wife caught me wearing ladies underwear and threatened to leave me.
    So I packed up all her clothes
    And left.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by philipkntz View Post
    But if we all go vegan, farmland would be turned over to producing plants. The bull and cow won't even exist. Breeding cows, and particularly bulls actually lead a fairly pampered life.
    I had cows in a field outside my house, they had their calves and were living happy as Larry. We watched them be born and take their first steps, it was beautiful.......until one day the farmer came along and stole their calves!
    Ever heard a cow scream? I'm pretty sure that's what they were doing frantically looking around for their babies and mooing desperately for them. They were going to be milk cows and the calves for meat. It made me cry - a lot....hearing these poor animals suffering for us!

Pampered life - really - tell that to the mummy cows who had their babies stolen from them.....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lactatinglucy For This Useful Post:

bollocks (31-05-16)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by alcatel View Post
    Cow will stay in heat for 12 to 24 hours.
    And, if cycling normally will come in heat every 21. days until she gets pregnant. Will only get pregnant in this heat period. An aggressive bull is the danger not the cows in heat. AI is used more for milk cows than suckler/meat breed cows.
    AI gives access to high genetic merit bulls but it can be difficult to spot suckler cows in heat and difficult to bring them in for insemination. Even with AI, after a number of weeks a bull tends to be let in to mop up any cows that may have been missed.
    If the farmer is doing the heat detection he/she. will probably be looking 3 and maybe even 5 times a day at the cows.
    A city person becoming a farmer would say, where did I go wrong? Though I think I have a distant relative, brought up in Dublin who did become a farmer. His father came from the country though .
    So if you have a million or two to spare, buy a farm and go forth and multiply your cows. You will probably find yourself working far longer than the average industrial worker for less than the average industrial wage.
    Being in heat for 12-24 hours, gives the farmer very little time to make arrangements for the bull to be around. In the old days the farmer had to drive the cow along the old country roads, to visit the bull, and then go back to her own farm.
    Are you certain that she is only in heat for such a short time?. Years ago not every farmer had a bull, so everything had to be planned. In those days the farmer didn't even have a thermometer, I imagine,,,,nowadays they have fertility thermometers for women.........so when they are in heat, is there a rise in temp? If so that explains 'in heat'

Is their BLOOD as well?

Alcatel seems to know how to run a farm.Thanks Alcatel
    Last edited by bollocks; 31-05-16 at 20:49.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast