Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Manners in the modern world?

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
    Is this part of the influx of foreigners in every village in Ireland- no one knows anyone anymore!!
    It has nothing to do with foreigners were talking about the old timeers when you would walk by a shop in a village or drive by a nice country village and there would be people for example farmers or local people out doing their shopping would wave at you driveing by which i thought was really very nice as i never expericened it before as i am not from the country but when i use to go on holiday down in the country i really thought it was beautiful the way people say hello or just wave at you when driveing by but that seems to have changed its a pity sad really but the new generation sadly will never replace the old generation
    Live and let live life is to short

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Melindablondey For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (19-05-16), Wolverine (20-05-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    Nigel Farage would be proud of ye Homer !!
    I originally come from a small village and I make this statement as a record of fact rather than racist connotations !!

Ok I'll expand it further to point out that some Irish City people have also moved to the village bringing with them their non integration attitudes - they think all country people are nosey etc!! They may be right but there you go!!

The untainted village of old is gone!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Clueless For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (20-05-16)

I originally come from a small village and I make this statement as a record of fact rather than racist connotations !!

Ok I'll expand it further to point out that some Irish City people have also moved to the village bringing with them their non integration attitudes - they think all country people are nosey etc!! They may be right but there you go!!

if you live in a village everyone wants to know every ones business they just cant mind their own business they must have nothing better to do x x x

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Melindablondey For This Useful Post:

A lot of peoples behaviour has changed it could be through due to no job no money no where to live seperated divorced etc the list gones on but i am afraid we have to live with this due to no fault of their own i really feel so sorry for those people

Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post
    Yes Barney Rubble I have noticed when young gentleman meet ladies walking down the street they no longer tip their hat.

The dignity of the hat.

Until very recently, gentlemen wore hats. Normally a gentleman wore a hat outdoors, not indoors. And if he were a normal well bred man, he knew a passel of rules to follow regarding when to doff the hat and how to do so.

Besides protecting a man against the elements, a hat properly worn gives him dignity. It also permits him to practice a small ceremonial, that is, an act recognizing the right, condition or social status of others.
    No hat gives a man his dignity, that would be his attitude..

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vitruvian For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (20-05-16)

Reviews

I was just messin with ye Homer, I know you're not racist.
    As I'm always saying "I'm not racist BUT......"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123