Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Manners in the modern world?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    Not all are ignorant fucks on the road, some still will wait on the motor they're meeting & you always wave or flash the lights or toot the horn as a way of saying thanks, appreciated. But so many just drive on so both cars have to pull up on the roadside/ditch/drain.
    Is it that people don't have any patience anymore?
    I hear what your saying bud. Few arrogant gobshites out there.
    Was driving behind 2 cyclists abreast on a narrow road just before a bend an some clown comes up behind me blowing the horn.
    Wound down the window an gave them the finger

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolverine For This Useful Post:

Melindablondey (19-05-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    I hear what your saying bud. Few arrogant gobshites out there.
    Was driving behind 2 cyclists abreast on a narrow road just before a bend an some clown comes up behind me blowing the horn.
    Wound down the window an gave them the finger
    Ah don't get me started about cyclists (I guess that I'm the impatient prick now!!) but why they insist on riding 4 or maybe 5 abreast on a twisty road is beyond me. Should be paying road tax if they insist on taking over the whole fuckin road.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

Melindablondey (19-05-16), Wolverine (19-05-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    Ah don't get me started about cyclists (I guess that I'm the impatient prick now!!) but why they insist on riding 4 or maybe 5 abreast on a twisty road is beyond me. Should be paying road tax if they insist on taking over the whole fuckin road.
    True , but asshole behind me should be patient or take the risk of overtaking on a bend himself.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wolverine For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (19-05-16), Melindablondey (19-05-16)

Reviews

Modern Ireland is a dog eat dog kind of world - so don't expect good manners and pleasantries as norm but appreciate them when you encounter them- as an aside are each one of you the perfect gent day in day out - I wonder!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Clueless For This Useful Post:

I think its out with the old in with the new generation i get the same remarks most days with the 2 fingers it all has changed it was lovely to drive by a village at one time and people would wave at you even though they didnt know you i thought that was lovely but now i am afraid its gone or nearly as the old generation is no longer here sad to say
    Live and let live life is to short

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Melindablondey For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (19-05-16), Clueless (19-05-16), MidlifeCrisis (20-05-16), Wolverine (19-05-16)

Depends, I still see it where I live.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vitruvian For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (19-05-16), Melindablondey (19-05-16), Wolverine (19-05-16)

Reviews

Is this part of the influx of foreigners in every village in Ireland- no one knows anyone anymore!!

Quote Originally Posted by Melindablondey View Post
    I think its out with the old in with the new generation i get the same remarks most days with the 2 fingers it all has changed it was lovely to drive by a village at one time and people would wave at you even though they didnt know you i thought that was lovely but now i am afraid its gone or nearly as the old generation is no longer here sad to say

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Clueless For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
    Is this part of the influx of foreigners in every village in Ireland- no one knows anyone anymore!!
    I find the foreigners more friendly and likely to say hello.
    Last edited by Wolverine; 19-05-16 at 23:38. Reason: Maybe they think I'm a foreigner too

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wolverine For This Useful Post:

Clueless (20-05-16), Melindablondey (19-05-16), SmallHorn (20-05-16), Vitruvian (20-05-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
    Nigel Farage would be proud of ye Homer !!

Reviews

The world is not much better off now than it was in the Dark Ages, albeit less commonly known about. Barbarianism is still rampant in certain parts of the world. Largely, profit and progress are put before well being and simple thought. Common sense and decency are becoming fast extinct. Arrogance and ignorance are as ripe as they ever were, even more so. And there are still beliefs held that would be questionable even in the Dark Ages.

We claim to be so intelligent yet draw back the curtains and you'll see we're just as primitive as any other species before us. We think that technology separates us, but it only feeds our egos and deific fantasies.

Humans are so obsessed with simply being able to do/say whatever they want, that they never stop to think about whether they should or not.

Ethics. Seemingly becoming less and less important in the modern world, and its extinction will undoubtedly lead to world's death.
    Last edited by ladiesman217; 19-05-16 at 23:45.
    ladiesman217: April 2009 to April 2024

Goodbye

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ladiesman217 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast