Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: TV series? What are you watching at the moment?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MatureAlejandra View Post
    waiting for a series already successful in america good doctor.
    https://youtu.be/xsIFtGfAJ14
    It has already been shown on Sky Living but I didn't see it myself Alejandra.
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

MatureAlejandra (26-06-18)

Love

I wait for the extrenen in a Spanish television channel, will be soon.��������
    in Mediaset Spain
    Last edited by MatureAlejandra; 26-06-18 at 16:52.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MatureAlejandra For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (26-06-18)

Quote Originally Posted by irishdeltaforce View Post

People are absolutely raving about Netflix's brand new true crime documentary.

We're starting to think that the people at Netflix really don't want us to see the sun. Why else would they release their latest true crime epic on a weekend that has such glorious weather?

Anyway, plenty of people have decided to stay at home and binge watch The Staircase. Truth be told, they've not been disappointed.

As stated previously, the early reviews for the 13-episode series were incredibly promising - The Guardian hailed Jean-Xavier de Lestrade's documentary series as 'an astonishing piece of work' - and viewers have supported those reviews because people are absolutely gripped by the story of the Peterson film.

What separates The Staircase from other crime documentaries though is the level of intricate detail that the filmmakers portray.

In terms of its aesthetic approach, it's almost like David Fincher's wonderful film Zodiac because the amount of meticulous backstory and research that's conducted is extremely impressive.

If you're interested by the inner workings of a crime case then this is for you because we see - in quite graphic detail it should be said - the murder scene, how detectives/lawyers painstakingly build their case, and how the legal system operates.

Ok, what's it about?

On December 9th, 2001, Kathleen Peterson was found dead at the bottom of a staircase and her husband, Michael, was instantly regarded as the main suspect.

The documentary chronicles Michael's battle to clear his name.

Without giving too much away, it's also interesting to see how certain lawyers will latch onto a certain personality characteristic - in this case it's Michael's sexuality - and try to switch the whole focus onto that.

In recent years, we've been treated to some fantastic documentaries and it appears that The Staircase is right up there with the best of them.

In fact, some people are calling it the best true crime documentary that they've ever seen.

https://www.joe.ie/movies-tv/people-...ry-ever-629145

Brilliant stuff!

IDF.
    Looks good.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ChaChaCharlie For This Useful Post:

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ChaChaCharlie For This Useful Post:

I couldn't find a movie thread but this looks great. Going to watch it tonight.

Slasher

There are 2 series so far, and although just watched episode 3 of season 1 last night, it's quite good.
    Quite violent too, so if you're into Action, Thriller, Horrors, then you'll like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp600g9OeUw

Video contains minor(s), why not posting the actual video.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Floki For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by goatboy View Post
    Fred Dibnah .Drinking and climbing ._.
    Eh up man !!

Or maybe he wasn't from Yorkshire?

I'm too young kid
    Hello darkness my old friend.....

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

Default Power

Power is unreal 👌👌

Reviews

I'm catching up on some series.............just one episode of Vikings to see and I'll be up to date.

Reviews

House of Cards fictional character Frank Underwood is dead. They have killed him off after Kevin Spacey, who plays Frank Underwood, was accused by actor Anthony Rapp of trying to seduce him in 1986 when Rapp was 14. Kevin Spacey has said he has "no recollection" of the event and he has never been charged.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast