Thread: Lonely ??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Now I don't live alone, but it just goes to show that loneliness is a very human experience. Our friends and family are scattered across the globe, and very rarely actually live near us. I only get to see significant portion of my family maybe once every 3-5 years. I also work independently so much of my day as an artist is spent solo in studio and occasionally there are days where feeling lonely can be very real.

In my opinion, the very best way to spend such time is by challenging yourself to try new things and adventures. Not only will it keep your mind off of feeling lonely, but it can be a way to better yourself as a person. Just by nature of going outside your comfort levels or normal routine can be very rewarding. Everybody is different, but anybody can do this. It could be taking advantage of cheap plane tickets and going somewhere you've never gone before, it could be building something or other DIY project, take a local class or attend some sort of expo, attempt to prepare some sort of meal if you've never cooked before, go get a secret tattoo, watch a foreign film, attempt brewing your own beer at home. I don't know what your personal interests are, or what sort schedule you have, or what kind of life you lead, but the possibilities are endless and Google will be your friend in this.

Maybe you find something new that you really love and decide to pursue more, or maybe it will be a terrible failure and you discover that you are not meant to be a brewmaster or chef. The point is you did something new, and that you did it for yourself. At the very least you will get some sort of story out of it, whether you ended up liking it or not. You will be a more interesting person than you were before. You might even end up meeting new people. When you do finally get to spend time with friends and they ask how you have been or what you've been up to, you will have something to talk about outside of the standard "just work and watching tv" answer.

Ultimately, when you invest time in yourself, others will want to invest in more time spent with you too.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ShadowEmpress For This Useful Post:

Calvados (01-05-16), Cassandra (02-05-16), ClarkKent (01-05-16), JAMESCORK (06-06-16), tom sand (02-05-16)