Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Religion

I'm not a mass goer, but I live my life by the Christian ethos. I put down catholic.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

Reviews

The National Secular Society and the Irish Atheist Society took issue with the Northern Ireland census for the way it “assigned” a religion to people, by the way the religion question was framed on the Northern Irish census. The question was completely different to the question on the English, Scottish and Welsh question and looked like it was a deliberate attempt to grossly over-estimate the religious nature of Northern Ireland and so justify the make-up of the Stormont and the some of the.

I think it is important that if you are not religious that that is reflected properly on the census so that statistics are not used to justify ridiculous religious laws. [For example, this is a Catholic Country, no paying for sex, (no sex at all outside marriage) no abortion etc.]

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ladiesman217 View Post
    It's my belief that the world will never truly be at peace and balanced until Homo sapiens are either extinct or no longer reside on this planet. What religion is this??
    Nihilism

Nihilism is the belief that all values are baseless and that nothing can be known or communicated.
    Often associated with extreme pessimism and a scepticism that condemns existence. A true nihilist would believe in nothing, have no loyalties, and no purpose other than, perhaps, an impulse to destroy.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Feck it, after reading this I changed mine from Catholic to other religion and I put down 'lapsed catholic' there!!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    The National Secular Society and the Irish Atheist Society took issue with the Northern Ireland census for the way it “assigned” a religion to people, by the way the religion question was framed on the Northern Irish census. The question was completely different to the question on the English, Scottish and Welsh question and looked like it was a deliberate attempt to grossly over-estimate the religious nature of Northern Ireland and so justify the make-up of the Stormont and the some of the.

I think it is important that if you are not religious that that is reflected properly on the census so that statistics are not used to justify ridiculous religious laws. [For example, this is a Catholic Country, no paying for sex, (no sex at all outside marriage) no abortion etc.]

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Clueless For This Useful Post:

7. Default

Religion is responsible for most wars ever fought.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Courtesan View Post
    Religion is responsible for most wars ever fought.
    Not really,but slightly true,weak minds are the reason for the wars..... see where I am going here? Blame Religion or use it,it's the oldest trick in the book.... Literally.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    No... but it would be guys like Saul here who are afraid to answer truthfully that will distort the real figures... Now he is doing a Gay Byrne on me... ffs... I better answer him tho...

Religion is based on belief and trust.. I dont believe and I certainly dont trust. I have no interest in religion for ME. For those that need it or want it, fine... but dont push it on me... cos I frankly, dont give a shit. I actually only ever walk into a church cos I have to.

So.. No religion...
    heres a Documentary he made about it

Last edited by funlover12; 27-04-16 at 21:51. Reason: nice dancing jc

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to funlover12 For This Useful Post:

casman (27-04-16)

Reviews

Im not filling mine in, test the limits of this €44,400 fine, pfft..
    challenge accepted
    Last edited by funlover12; 27-04-16 at 22:14.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by funlover12 View Post
    heres a Documentary he made about it

What comment was that? Where is it?...I really want to reply but can't find his post....
    Last edited by bettercallsaul; 27-04-16 at 22:16.

13. Default

What is this 44,000 fine ?
    I threw mine in the bin !!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast