Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurling 2016

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by BiggTipp View Post
    Ahem.

Could have been a bigger margin if we tried to hit top gear.
    The real Cup isn't given out till September .

Great response by deiseu21s especially by the senior members. Stephen Bennett looks ready to make impression at senior level. Leaner and fitter looking than last year

I'd love to see Wexford do them this weekend.
    not too often as a neutral I wouldn't be supporting Waterford, but tbh I think they got what they deserved last day out. Need a change in management for next year..

Clare/Galway is a mouthwatering tie. Galway are a wounded animal (again) and Clare have found some form.. Tough to call. On form you'd have to favour Clare but Galway looked good for 30mins vs Kilkenny and might have the physicality to match them..
    Fancy the speed n skill of Clare to win out mind.

Been a poor season overall, across both sports.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to duppyc0nqueror For This Useful Post:

5. Default

Galway for the double

6. The Following User Says Thank You to statesaver For This Useful Post:

Best Before (29-07-16)

Reviews

Yep, best side won, no complaints.

We hung on in there in the 2nd half, but that 2nd goal was a killer. You won't see a better pass all year than for that goal.

Think Waterford will go on to win the AI now.

At least ye saved the HAY lol

Quote Originally Posted by statesaver View Post
    Galway for the double
    This is not as crazy as it sounds. One match away from the Final in the hurling They looked impressive against Clare in the match last weekend, controlled the game from the start while looking too stretched. The Semifinal against Tipp will be a lot harder, but I expect them to get through. Another Showdown with Kilkenny, and its a final so anything can happen.
    The Footballers should get through Tipp footballs, no disrespect with a possible semifinal against Tyrone or maybe Mayo. Both teams can be beaten from what I've seen in this years Championship. An all Connaught Semi-final could be interesting!!

1/125 ain't bad odds for the double
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

What about that goal from Joe, tho?

Quote Originally Posted by duppyc0nqueror View Post
    What about that goal from Joe, tho?
    Great goal, and finished the game as a contest.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

Reviews

Hope you're enjoying our march to the double. The one true dual county in Munster now.

I suppose you can always console yourselves by continuing to pretend Ladies football is a serious competition.

We have men and women down here who have 2 all Ireland medals in the same year so when ye have
    as many as us then you can talk , As I said previously ye have won nothing till sept when the big one will
    be decided. Finally to answer your question about the ladies not being a serious competition it just shows
    either your ignorance or lack of knowledge of the ladies game as these girls put in as much effort as the men do.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to blue rebel For This Useful Post:

The D Man (01-08-16)

Reviews

Hope you're enjoying our march to the double. The one true dual county in Munster now.

I suppose you can always console yourselves by continuing to pretend Ladies football is a serious competition.
    I would be the same as most neutrals and say I am delighted for the tipp footballers to have reached an all Ireland semi final. They have beaten teams from divisions above them and have punched well above their weight. I see they will avoid Dublin and Kerry in the semi final so who knows. I think tipp and Kilkenny will meet up in the hurling and should give us at least 1 decent game this year in that championship.
    What is very disappointing is the amount of tipp supporters who actually support their football team. I was listening to the tipp captain today, he thanked the 4-5....I thought he was going to say thousand, but no, it was only 4-5 hundred supporters turned up today, when you take into account family, friends and some Dublin based supporters it means very few supporters actually turned up to see one of the biggest days in tipps football history. The sad fact is that most county's women's teams would get more supporters than that.
    Hopefully they might get a few more for the semi, you might even head up yourself bigtipp.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast