Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurling 2016

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    So will liam be making his annual journey to kilkenny on sunday evening? Or can tipp dethrone the cats. I think a close game in store. How much of a loss will michael fennelly be? Its hard to back against the cats so ile go for kk to win by 3pts. Good luck tipp though.
    Hard to bet against kk in a final but I don't think this is a vintage kk side, if tipp can get enough ball past the kk halfback line then tipp will win but that's a big if, tipp will have to be a lot better than they were in the semi-final where I was a bit disappointed with them but I think they can up their game enough to win it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Danny2011 For This Useful Post:

Agree with the general consensus.. Have a feeling Tipp will do it. There's no better time to be facing Kilkenny & I expect them to make the most of the opportunity. But again like Danny said, it's hard to bet against them.

I do think Tipp can match them physically, they could maybe be that bit quicker actually.. I do think, strange as it is to say this, that Tipp are a little further on in their development, they seem a little more settled team & I'd agree with ketchup in terms of strength in depth.

& I mean if it hadn't been for that Walter Walsh goal, which looks a little soft in retrospect, Kilkenny wouldn't even be here. But there's two sides to that coin as it also shows the spirit & skill of those lads. They're extraordinarily tough to beat..

Ha I'm pretty comfortable sitting on this fence!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to duppyc0nqueror For This Useful Post:

Barney Rubble (03-09-16)

Too hard to call, best to sit on the fence

If I was a betting man, (which I am), Bookies giving 15/2 or 8/1 on the draw.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

Reviews

Super goal by bubbles, tipp have reacted well to the cats goal. But will they regret two other missed goal chances.
    tipp lead by 7
    go boil your head

Reviews

The cats will need all their lives if their going to pull this one out of the fire.
    a miracle is needed
    go boil your head

Reviews

well done tipp
    go boil your head

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ilovepussy123 For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by BiggTipp View Post
    So that was a good day yesterday

Couldn't have asked for anything more. They got to the required intensity early in the game, and more importantly, never let up. I was a tad worried at half time that we were only 2 pts up despite playing better, but I thought that the forwards had the measure of their backs. But the response after their first goal was something else. After Bubbles got the goal we went into a 'cant-miss' zone. Honestly, I was nearly hoping that the game wouldn't end.
    Tremendous night last night.

There's a tendency for Tipp to go a bit mad (players and fans alike) after AI wins, so I hope we can keep our feet on the ground. Starting in a couple of weeks though...
    Well done to ye and ye fully deserved the AI this year, I think everyone was hoping for a Tipp
    win bar Kilkenny as it is nice to see someone new winning no disrespect to the Cats. Tipp can go
    on from this and should be the team to beat in the year ahead but no doubt the Cats , Waterford
    Galway and maybe Clare will feel they are very near to winning as well. I love watching great hurlers
    and Callinane is now in that category and the 2 Mahers some operators as well.

Reviews

Under 21 final is on saturday, this has the potential to be a great game. I think waterford might win it by 3 or 4 pts.

First of all congratulations to Tipperary on winning the senior and minor All Ireland's.

As Ketchup has said Under 21 final on Saturday in Thurles. Galway V Waterford. Waterford have blazed through to the final. Galway had a hard fought win against Dublin in the Semi final. ( Galway should go into Leinster for this grade as well ) Waterford have all the star senior players whereas Galway have only 1 and he Conor Whelan is doubful due to injury. All that points to a Waterford win.

The under 21 B final should be not forgotten either. Played before the " A " final this match in recent years has been a brillant match. This year Meath and Mayo contest the final. Have been at some of these finals down the years and there has been some great hurling in them. The people in these counties deserve great credit for hurling against great odds. Alot of the time lip service only is paid to them which is a shame.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to The D Man For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by BiggTipp View Post
    Waterford are 1/6 favourites with paddy powers for the U21 final. They're good, but that's crazy odds.
    Galway are 9/2 straight odds, with the handicap being 6 points. If the weather is as shite as it is today then that's a good money-making opportunity.
    Weather is supposed to be better. Galway more than likely missing their senior player Conor Whelan. Odds are a bit mad alright.

One of the things that could scupper the Desie is the level of expectation on them. If they cannot cope with it then it could be a very rocky match for them.

As for the " B " final great boost for Mayo to get to the final. Meath hurling is up at the moment after their dramatic Christy Ring victory earlier this year.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to The D Man For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Camogie.
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast