Quote Originally Posted by carlos marvado View Post
God love Abby, she may be a lot of things, but she's no mathematician. So the original list contained 7 digit telephone numbers; in the ROI that's the full number with the prefix omitted. As most mobile phone users here would tend to be either Vodafone or o2, just place either 087 or 086 in front of the number and in most cases you have odds of 2/1 of getting it right first time.....that's the toss of a coin.

Take away the first digit of the number, and now in addition to 2/1 odds of getting the prefix correct in most cases, you have a 10/1 chance of also getting the first digit of the number correct. Statistically that means a 20/1 chance of guessing the correct number first time out. So ring all 20 number combinations and exclude females and those who sound too young and it's narrowed down further. Now if you have information regarding the clients location and you were in a position to get the phone company to triangulate the number you are calling, you could pinpoint some of those down to the correct number for the client.

I think this proves that the ladies were'nt malicious.......they just need to complete their education.
No Carlos, the original was 5 digit and I think in someplaces 6 (dont know why), not 7, but can be that some girls had do misstakes by posting, because it was an autopost sheet. But I know that I post only last 5 digits.

Jessie