Dealing with catfights.
We, Mods enjoy interacting with you. We really do. You brighten our day. You make us laugh.
You become acquaintances that we spend most of our day with.
As much as we like you all, we are on occasions disappointed in your actions.
Those occasions are the moments are when we must step in and intervene.
Let me assure you, no one here enjoys it.
I don't think that banning and deleting what you wrote is the way forward, but let me just share with you all how we perceive your forums fights.
We are simply not amused when the same arguments are being brought up over and over again.
Cause you see, we spotted a pattern:
You start a fight. Once it gets out of your hands or does not go as you intended you report posts to us (yes - everybody).
By doing so you are involving us in your arguments.
You demand us to take posts down and ban the users and finally you play us by implying that we take sides. This is to say the least childish and not fair on us.
(You often say "you are on X's side, if you weren't you would ban X permanently" Of course X would say exactly the same about you and guess who is stuck in the middle).
You might like it or not, but we are impartial.
Let me just lay our perspective out for you, in Layman's terms:
- we are not able to act upon what has been done outside of the forums
- we cannot act upon accusations which we are not able to verify
- we cannot allow you bad mouth each other, as simply those forums are not maintained and monitored so that you could give each other abuse.
- as entertaining as it might seem for you while it kicks off, for us it is just dealing with the aftermath of something that we have no fault in. Yet everyone is rushing to criticise us as soon as your disagreement escalates for not taking a prompt action or not punishing the perpetrators sufficiently, taking the posts down, etc.
- and finally we could be doing something much more productive then constantly editing your posts and issuing the users with warnings and bans. You complain on many things that do not work as you wish here, give us time to do our work and make these forums and website better for YOU.
I know what human nature is. I understand how appealing it seems to have a viral fight.
This is a bit like driving in Spain, where everyone changes from a nice and loving muchacho(s) as soon as they take the steering wheel.
So listen, here is my take on things:
- You want to carry on starting the fights, carry on. But don't start the fights if you cant take the heat.
- The best thing what you can do if provoked - ignore, laugh off, walk away.
- Provoking others, however subtlety done is still provoking. We see what you are doing.
- We will not ban someone because you provoked them. We will ban you both.
Please do let me know if I am not making myself clear here.
And finally for those who miss the "need 10 posts" thread it is to be found here https://www.escort-ireland.com/board...ts-and-threads.