Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mia de faoite

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Catriona View Post
    I think we shouldn't victim blame her situation when she went to that party. People will do all sorts of things to survive finacially including attend drug fuelled parties.

Honestly I feel sorry for Mia, as another poster said here she went through the mill and now she's being used by TORL as a poster girl for their campaign. She is allowed to get over her situation or move on. She has to keep telling the same traumatic story over and over again. I find it frankly immoral that Mia is being used by TORL like that.

What also annoys me is so many government bodies, social policies and NGOs failed Mia in her story, but there's no mention of this critic.
    That is all very well Catriona but she is vilifying all clients by using the situation that happened to her as though it was and is common practice and all clients are the same. Why is it okay for her to do that and yet I'm not allowed or supposed to point out that she put herself in a dangerous situation? You have your opinion and I have mine. I'm not part of SWAI so I think as an individual I'm allowed to say what I think without being pulled up on it.

Yes people take risks, but take responsibility for the risks you take and don't blame everyone else for it when it goes wrong or worse still make out that everyone is taking the same risk for being a sex worker. It's not the case and I stand by that.

TORL are without morals and without gumption.

p.s. If she needed to attend the party because she needed the money that bad, that is one thing. Was she getting paid to take the drugs? Was she forced to take the drugs?

Is Rachel Moran a victim of TORL too?
    Last edited by Curvaceous Kate; 13-03-16 at 13:19.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

milkman (13-03-16)

Quote Originally Posted by catriona View Post
    i think we shouldn't victim blame her situation when she went to that party. People will do all sorts of things to survive finacially including attend drug fuelled parties.

Honestly i feel sorry for mia, as another poster said here she went through the mill and now she's being used by torl as a poster girl for their campaign. She is allowed to get over her situation or move on. She has to keep telling the same traumatic story over and over again. I find it frankly immoral that mia is being used by torl like that.

What also annoys me is so many government bodies, social policies and ngos failed mia in her story, but there's no mention of this critic.
    she knows what she is doing and the drug thing is her own fault, She cant blame other people for her own demons, she will get no sympathy from me,
    Last edited by AdonisOtoole; 14-03-16 at 10:17.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AdonisOtoole For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (14-03-16)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by AdonisOtoole View Post
    she knows what she is doing and the drug thing is her own fault, She cant blame other people for her own demons, she will get no sympathy from me,
    Fully agree don't like to see something bad happen to anybody but she has made a meal out of it. The woman is now on a crusade and imo it's incorrect to say that she is been used by TORL. The dangerous new laws she is trying to enforce on the people of this land will lead only to more misery for all parties concerned. At this juncture I view her not as a victim but rather the pusher of a vindictive agenda.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dom Dunn For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (14-03-16), milkman (14-03-16)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stillirish View Post
    That is a horrible thing to say.
    She wears a mans suit and tie when doing interviews and a short hair cut that is more commonly a man's hairstyle. It's an observation. Why wear clothes that are traditionally worn by men and a hair cut that is traditionally male when you are trying to make men victims of sex crime and calling them ALL rapists for seeing Sex Workers? If nothing else, there has to be some irony in that. What makes it a horrible thing to say? Are you saying that it is horrible for a woman to look like a man? I certainly didn't say that.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

milkman (14-03-16)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12