Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Mia de faoite

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bedrock
    Posts
    10,436
    Reviews
    47

    Default Mia de faoite

    I seen earlier today in the Irish Daily Star(North edition) an article where Mia De Faoite says escort numbers have increased by 80% in the South since regulations changed North of the border & numerous criminal gangs are trafficking girls .
    Do these papers rehash the same story over & over again ?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    729
    Reviews
    2

    Default

    This woman is a headcase and no doubt is pushing hard for the new law to be introduced and not letting anyone forget, Going by what I heard on radio LVT is not helping matters either for any of us.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belfast, lap of luxury
    Posts
    14,857
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default

    If she hates men so much, why does she try to look like one?

    I think they will print anything and don't question it as they can just say they were quoting someone.

    It's a load of crap which I'm sure they are fully aware of. There are over 70 advertising in Belfast on one site, that is nearly double what it used to be. I think Xmas 2014 or was it 2013 there were over 1000 advertising at one point and there was nothing like that this year.

    Maybe she was taking drugs when she made that up?

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

    Barney Rubble (11-03-16), irishdeltaforce (11-03-16)

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    629
    Reviews
    25

    Default

    People have generally made up their minds about prostitution and how it should be dealt with in the law. Inevitably the law will be introduced here which in the short term will certainly curtail the levels and visibility of prostitution.

    People like De Faoite have carved nice careers for themselves as 'survivors of prostitution' telling about their stories whilst simultaneously covering up the negative effects of the Swedish Law and the actual failure of the law in terms of reducing levels of trafficking in Sweden .

    TORL are a bit like Lance Armstrong - well publicised, friends in the media , using a benign campaign (fighting cancer/trafficking) as a cover for alternative motives ( winning / radfem ideology) - whilst simultaneously harbouring a central fraud ( doping/covering up negative Swedish reports)

    Just like Armstrong , they'll eventually be found out

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to milkman For This Useful Post:

    annabel taylor (13-03-16)

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,612
    Reviews
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curvaceous Kate View Post
    If she hates men so much, why does she try to look like one?

    I think they will print anything and don't question it as they can just say they were quoting someone.

    It's a load of crap which I'm sure they are fully aware of. There are over 70 advertising in Belfast on one site, that is nearly double what it used to be. I think Xmas 2014 or was it 2013 there were over 1000 advertising at one point and there was nothing like that this year.

    Maybe she was taking drugs when she made that up?
    I don't think dissing her physical appearance is the right way to debate this woman. It is obvious that she has some serious personal issues and those using her to front their campaign really are doing her no favours.


    However the facts will show her up. women advertising on this site from Belfast are well up since the change in the law. Advertising south of the border is down significantly from two years ago, and many of the ads are duplicates and fakes.

    Journalists are lazy and just except 'facts' stated by 'experts'.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dob For This Useful Post:

    milkman (12-03-16), stillirish (13-03-16)

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    486
    Reviews
    9

    Default

    she never done anything useless with her life and got involved in drugs, now shes sticking her beak in and making life cruel for others, no morals

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to themanofwar For This Useful Post:

    Curvaceous Kate (11-03-16)

  11. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Galway
    Posts
    18,937
    Reviews
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    I seen earlier today in the Irish Daily Star(North edition) an article where Mia De Faoite says escort numbers have increased by 80% in the South since regulations changed North of the border & numerous criminal gangs are trafficking girls .
    Do these papers rehash the same story over & over again ?
    This type of trash sells paper, Im afraid.
    Tell a story about escorts and punters getting on and all is well in this world , is not worth a shite to them. Won,t sell too many paper,s
    Lie,s followed by lies and more lie,s , that,s all they want


    " WE ARE CONNACHT "

  12. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belfast, lap of luxury
    Posts
    14,857
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dob View Post
    I don't think dissing her physical appearance is the right way to debate this woman. It is obvious that she has some serious personal issues and those using her to front their campaign really are doing her no favours.


    However the facts will show her up. women advertising on this site from Belfast are well up since the change in the law. Advertising south of the border is down significantly from two years ago, and many of the ads are duplicates and fakes.

    Journalists are lazy and just except 'facts' stated by 'experts'.
    I thought that might be preferable to suggesting she might be on drugs. I mean she went through an awful experience of which she can not remember herself, as she put herself in a very silly position by attending a party with men she had never met before and decided to take drugs, so she was totally off her face with guys that were totally off their face and things got out of hand. Now if you had a friend who was considering going to a party for sex with a bunch of strangers taking drugs would you tell them to go have a good time or would you possibly tell them to not be an idiot and not go?

    She was reliant on a friend who said she knew one of the guys and when she got there she chose to take drugs, so she was not able to look after herself and she would have known that the other guests were also taking drugs.

    The situation she was in has nothing to do with my work and my job. This is not a requirement. I do not have to attend parties where alcohol and drugs are involved. I do not have to take drugs and I decide who I see and how many at any one time.

    It makes me cross that someone who acted so irresponsibly is not being asked the important questions, like why? Why the fuck did you put yourself in that position? What makes you think other sex workers are going to be as vulnerable as you were at that time? Why do you think all women are as stupid as you were?

    Now you can tell me off for dissing her

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

    annabel taylor (13-03-16), HugoBoss (13-03-16), milkman (12-03-16)

  14. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curvaceous Kate View Post
    I thought that might be preferable to suggesting she might be on drugs. I mean she went through an awful experience of which she can not remember herself, as she put herself in a very silly position by attending a party with men she had never met before and decided to take drugs, so she was totally off her face with guys that were totally off their face and things got out of hand. Now if you had a friend who was considering going to a party for sex with a bunch of strangers taking drugs would you tell them to go have a good time or would you possibly tell them to not be an idiot and not go?

    She was reliant on a friend who said she knew one of the guys and when she got there she chose to take drugs, so she was not able to look after herself and she would have known that the other guests were also taking drugs.

    The situation she was in has nothing to do with my work and my job. This is not a requirement. I do not have to attend parties where alcohol and drugs are involved. I do not have to take drugs and I decide who I see and how many at any one time.

    It makes me cross that someone who acted so irresponsibly is not being asked the important questions, like why? Why the fuck did you put yourself in that position? What makes you think other sex workers are going to be as vulnerable as you were at that time? Why do you think all women are as stupid as you were?

    Now you can tell me off for dissing her
    I think we shouldn't victim blame her situation when she went to that party. People will do all sorts of things to survive finacially including attend drug fuelled parties.

    Honestly I feel sorry for Mia, as another poster said here she went through the mill and now she's being used by TORL as a poster girl for their campaign. She is allowed to get over her situation or move on. She has to keep telling the same traumatic story over and over again. I find it frankly immoral that Mia is being used by TORL like that.

    What also annoys me is so many government bodies, social policies and NGOs failed Mia in her story, but there's no mention of this critic.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Catriona For This Useful Post:

    Hagane00 (13-03-16)

  16. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curvaceous Kate View Post
    If she hates men so much, why does she try to look like one?
    That is a horrible thing to say.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •