Thread: Westside Acceptance Speech Feb 09

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
    Did QPH write that speech for you
    You beat me to it Highway, I was going to ask him that myself.

But on second thoughts, it bears all the hallmarks of a Westie original.....it s all over the shop but there s a grain of universal truth and brilliance locked away in there somewhere.

Thumbs up

I lay languishing in literary lethargy at your encapsulation of what it must be to be simply

Westie.

Your speech will be afore sunup on the desks of Japanese English students much like Obama's speech was and throughout the land of the rising sun will be heard the unique vernacular of a unique poster.

Sussssh…..listen……

I can almost hear them now in that oriental accent from Okinawa to the Kurile islands recite as one voice……

Laddo…

Sweetie…

Langerland...

I’m off...

Long after the ticker tape has fallen scholars will pour over the body of this speech and attempt to decipher what hidden metaphors and meanings are contained within but for now let us just savor the moment and tomorrow put our shoulders to the task of being worthy of having being in his presence at this historic juncture of rhyme and reason, of hopeland over soapland.

As the king himself did beseech the minds of eager dreamers and hate filled schemers in the shadow of an equally great liberator as now has taken the reigns of modderdom to steer us to higher ground and fertile plains...

Free at last…free at last….thank Mod almighty we are free at last.

Default I didnt even see this one,

Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpoundher View Post
    I lay languishing in literary lethargy at your encapsulation of what it must be to be simply

Westie.

Your speech will be afore sunup on the desks of Japanese English students much like Obama's speech was and throughout the land of the rising sun will be heard the unique vernacular of a unique poster.

Sussssh…..listen……

I can almost hear them now in that oriental accent from Okinawa to the Kurile islands recite as one voice……

Laddo…

Sweetie…

Langerland...

I’m off...

Long after the ticker tape has fallen scholars will pour over the body of this speech and attempt to decipher what hidden metaphors and meanings are contained within but for now let us just savor the moment and tomorrow put our shoulders to the task of being worthy of having being in his presence at this historic juncture of rhyme and reason, of hopeland over soapland.

As the king himself did beseech the minds of eager dreamers and hate filled schemers in the shadow of an equally great liberator as now has taken the reigns of modderdom to steer us to higher ground and fertile plains...

Free at last…free at last….thank Mod almighty we are free at last.
    Why thank you so much QPH.It will be indeed a great honour and priviledge.This is the great part about being single this Valentines.Sort of frees my brain cells up a bit.Less to keep the brain busy and even less again to let it empty.

The LAdooooooooo is doing rehearsals for his upcoming strike.Apparently they expect to be very busy alot busier than if they were working.They have placards and are practicong the moves.I can see it now,the ladooooooo and co under ahedge in Stephens Green holdind a placard.

Up to the right,down ,up to the left,down,look left and up again.

All for the good of the economy.Funny i met a guy earlier and he just started going on about the public service strike looming.He says the pay isnt that great for some of them.I said it is when they dont have to work.

They are kidding themselves these bums,
    Westside.