Thread: Luas

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by blue rebel View Post
    If you think a £12 ph wage is excessive as a minimum wage , it is you who is missing the point as that equates to £480 pw before tax prsi and usc so I would expect a single person to take home maybe £370 or £380 ? , now let you try and rent an apt ,feed yourself ,run a car and maybe you will be able to get a Mac Donalds if you have any money left. How you claim Capitalism is the best System when you can see what it did in this country and the world over , I'm afraid capitalism is the cause of the world's problems as it is all about making huge profits and giving all the wealth to a select few. On Your point of the cost of the Luas would Have to increase if the workers get a pay rise, this would not have to happen if the company are just willing to make a little less profit than the huge amount they already make. All I want for everyone is a wage where we can all get along and live and let live. ps I'm beginning to sound like a politican now enough said on this matter.
    Luas drivers are currently paid €36000 climbing to just over €42000 depending on years of service.
    They are seeking a 50% pay increase for driving something that doesn't even have a steering wheel.
    Generous holidays I might add too.

Hardly minimum wage.
    This is slightly more than a stilled tradesman is paid.
    So someone who serves an apprenticeship for 4 years is currently earning less than a Luas driver whose training was at a guess half a day.

Source : http://www.transdevireland.ie/assets/files/LUAS%20Transdev%20T's%20and%20C's.pdf

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyB For This Useful Post:

tom sand (24-03-16)