Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 74

Thread: Luas

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ddublin west
    Posts
    3,670
    Blog Entries
    5
    Reviews
    33

    Default Luas

    Probably not worth waiting at my Luas stop to day

    Hope escorts dont go on strike for unsociable hours etc.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bedrock
    Posts
    10,579
    Reviews
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bollocks View Post
    Probably not worth waiting at my Luas stop to day

    Hope escorts dont go on strike for unsociable hours etc.

    Or a 50% pay rise !!

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Barney Rubble For This Useful Post:

    irishdeltaforce (24-03-16), shyguyshyguy12 (18-02-16), tom sand (18-02-16)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    On a web.
    Posts
    13,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bollocks View Post
    Probably not worth waiting at my Luas stop to day

    Hope escorts dont go on strike for unsociable hours etc.
    Self employed--they can't afford to!

    And if they're not self employed, there's still no pension plan.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    far far away
    Posts
    7,680
    Reviews
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    Or a 50% pay rise !!
    dont all kill me
    but i did laugh at that
    when i first heard it
    dont know all the facts involved or any of them
    or who is right or wrong
    but 50%

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to tom sand For This Useful Post:

    Wolverine (18-02-16)

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    On a web.
    Posts
    13,986

    Default

    The Luas is run by a private operator, '' Transdev'', (formerly Veolia).
    The Luas drivers are seeking pay parity with DART and Irish Rail drivers(CIE employees).
    Further stoppages tomorrow and projected stoppages for March 8th and St. Patrick's Day.
    Transdev warns of potential trespass prosecution of people walking on their lines.
    Interestingly, the geniuses with joined up thinking, who originally built two non-linked Luas lines, now seem to have signed up to a Leap card valid for use across the CIE transport platforms in the city.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Shalom/salaam.
    10,000 years of Middle Eastern civilisation and the place is not at peace but rather in pieces.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to alcatel For This Useful Post:

    tom sand (18-02-16)

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,485
    Reviews
    196

    Default

    It's a tram. It doesn't even have a steering wheel.
    It's a minimum wage moron job.
    I'm sorry if this offends anyone but it is.
    You don't even need to be able to read to do this job.
    They are already well paid.

    I hope they leave them out and break the union.
    Greedy idiots
    Last edited by TonyB; 18-02-16 at 22:19.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TonyB For This Useful Post:

    casman (19-02-16), Danny2011 (18-02-16), john connor (18-02-16)

  11. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    27
    Reviews
    2

    Default

    I'm kinda with Tom on this one. Not so much minimum wage but where they're getting 50% from I have no idea.

    It's well paid and if you've ever stood behind the driver on a rush hour luas it's pretty easy to figure out how it works. Joy stick on the right, slide forward to move forward. Pull back to stop. Push one button on the dash to open the door. Repeat. Maybe an over simplification but that's basically it.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to hot4babes For This Useful Post:

    TonyB (18-02-16)

  13. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    993
    Reviews
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    It's a tram. It doesn't even have a steering wheel.
    It's a minimum wage moron job.
    I'm sorry if this offends anyone but it is.
    You don't even need to be able to read to do this job.
    They are already well paid.

    I hope they leave them out and break the union.
    Greedy idiots
    Quote Originally Posted by hot4babes View Post
    I'm kinda with Tom on this one. Not so much minimum wage but where they're getting 50% from I have no idea.

    It's well paid and if you've ever stood behind the driver on a rush hour luas it's pretty easy to figure out how it works. Joy stick on the right, slide forward to move forward. Pull back to stop. Push one button on the dash to open the door. Repeat. Maybe an over simplification but that's basically it.

    Senior staff nurses are earning mid €40ks, these guys want €65k...... to do what move a joystick forward and back and push a few buttons ..... you could train a labrador to do it.

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Danny2011 For This Useful Post:

    casman (19-02-16), tom sand (18-02-16), TonyB (18-02-16)

  15. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    4,893
    Reviews
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny2011 View Post
    Senior staff nurses are earning mid €40ks, these guys want €65k...... to do what move a joystick forward and back and push a few buttons ..... you could train a labrador to do it.
    Fair play lads always knock the working man . I suppose ye are all Barristers or Politicians. It is about time there was a few strikes in this corrupt little country.

  16. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    993
    Reviews
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blue rebel View Post
    Fair play lads always knock the working man . I suppose ye are all Barristers or Politicians. It is about time there was a few strikes in this corrupt little country.
    Like fuck I am, I'm also not president of a trade union on €115k a year, a defined benefit pension and driving a co. Car, while trying to hold a city to ransom.
    Last edited by Danny2011; 18-02-16 at 23:15.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •