Thread: What could be wrong?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews

You can try a few things Anna, firstly clear out you web browser, temporary files and cookies etc.
    Then get yourself a proper Internet security package, i like www.kaspersky.com You can download a free months trial if you want, let it scan your pc for virus's, malware and spyware which it will do all in one go, but when you have done all that i suspect you will still have a problem as it sounds to me like you have a physical problem with your pc, be it a loose connection between your modem and laptop or some other internal part, software doesn't have moving parts so hitting it shouldn't fix it, if hitting it fixes it then it's hardware!!
    Also if you have AVG installed get rid of it, some guys love it but i consider it a holey condom, you think your protected but your not really!!

Forgot to add, what Stewie said is probably correct, packet loss if one of the most common causes of a internet connection to freeze and this is very common with wireless broadband connections i.e 3g modem, ripwave or breeze connections, that is why i mention a bad connection with your 3g modem or a faulty modem?? Can you get a lend of a different one to see if it is the cause??
    Last edited by anon361; 12-02-09 at 20:16. Reason: fix one of many typo's ;(