Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What could be wrong?

Reviews

hate to disagree with you Anon but on AVG your wrong AVGfree is as good an antivirus as you need and better than most you pay for if you want to pay for one then nod32 is about the best.

Kaspersky is shit as it is trying to do too much all it succeeds in doing is slowing your pc

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by WTF View Post

id get knocked down on my way to do the lotto ffs,
    Westside.
    Getting knocked down on your way to collect a lotto win would be worse

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    hate to disagree with you Anon but on AVG your wrong AVGfree is as good an antivirus as you need and better than most you pay for if you want to pay for one then nod32 is about the best.

Kaspersky is shit as it is trying to do too much all it succeeds in doing is slowing your pc
    AntiVirus Software Review 2009 - TopTenREVIEWS

Horses for courses but your wrong LOL

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anon163 View Post
    AntiVirus Software Review 2009 - TopTenREVIEWS

Horses for courses but your wrong LOL

If it was only a simple as looking at a chart

If anything it proves my point people like your self look at a chart the one with the most ticks must be the best. NO

Manufacturers are adding features you don't need to so that they can obtain a full set of ticks
    and the program appears to be fully featured the fact that most of the features are useless slow down your computer and are less affective than free alternatives is not demonstrated by a tick on a chart.

Secondly the big manufaturers know what benchmarks are used by reviewers so you can tailor your offering to perform well on a benchmark it is not a guide of performance in real life.

Trust me AVG free is as good an antivirus as you need and better than most it is fairly lightweight does what you need and is not bloated with add ons and features you don't need. And it is FREE

Like in any business a dedicated tool for each job is better than a swissarmy knife solution that does none of them really well

Reviews

Also just to note

The site you linked to gets an affiliate payment from sales directed from their site so they are hardly unbiased or completely trustworthy in the direction they push you

You will notice that they do not compare free offerings to the paid offerings I wonder why????

Reviews

Ah Call, it looks like I owe you an apology, i only showed you the chart as for most it is sufficient but considering your post included some DOS knowlegde i should have given you a little more credit, yes what you are saying is correct in part, the top developers do load there packages with a lot of filler but modern pc's (anna's only being 2 months old) can handle the extra weight, now if she had of said her old laptop I may have taken a different approach, now for an all-in package that may be a little proccesor hungry Kaspersky is about the best out there. AVG is ok, it does what it says on the tin but only in prevention, it is very poor if you already have a problem and next to useless if it is a serious one, now I can see we could argue the merrits for both and I may agree with you on some points but at the end of the day not all open source is best!! Also if you are old enough Kaspersky did start out open source so it is built on a very good foundation..

PS, not getting ahead of ourselves but would you add to my post other than the antivirus choice or do you agree with the hardware / modem theory??
    Last edited by anon361; 12-02-09 at 20:43.

damn we tried everything.

Looks like I need to come over and have a look.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anon163 View Post

PS, not getting ahead of ourselves but would you add to my post other than the antivirus choice or do you agree with the hardware / modem theory??

It is hard to tell from the post TBH

Most people hit the button out of impatience when they think something is taking to long then something happens and they associate hitting the button with solving the problem.
    Its possible they are related it is also possible they have nothing to do with each other.

As it is a laptop i would imagine it is probably using wifi rather than a physical connection.

My guess is banner adds from a slow server or a scripting issue but it could also be malware or a connection issue.

Blog Entries

whatever boys.....
    I think you should take it back to the shop, hope you have the bill. They should exchange it for you or fix it. Or have a look at the papers you got with it, most of them come with a warranty, so it should get fixed for free on that.....
    Dublin tbc , Belfast tbc, Cork tbc

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    whatever boys.....
    I think you should take it back to the shop, hope you have the bill. They should exchange it for you or fix it. Or have a look at the papers you got with it, most of them come with a warranty, so it should get fixed for free on that.....
    Awh Kat, now where's the fun in that, why should she give it to someone else to have all the fun with thinkering trying to find a solution

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast